Quantcast

My 888 is leaking from the center of the fork leg!!!

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Repack said:
I can say from experience that it takes a very substantial hit to DENT a Boxxer, but even then a leak is not a given. My brother and I have each dented a Boxxer casting so bad that the fork would not compress passed the impact point, but no oil came out. In each case, the impact 'crater' was ~the size of a quarter (American, not Canadian currency).
that is basically what happened to mine at Idaho!

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
bizutch said:
Porosity is a manufacturing term. What it means is simple....bubbles of air in the metal casting. Any number of things can contribute to it and I can vouch for Marzocchi in saying it is something that happens to the BEST companies all the time. I've worked in manufacturing for BMW, John Deere and CAT turbo.

Porsche engines have had that same problem in their boxster engine blocks too. In their case you'd see some light white smoke coming out the tail pipes on initial startup sometimes.

Christian -

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
crashing_sux said:
Nothing has been worked out yet. One of the techs (Ronnie) told me to bring it by tomorrow and he would put it at the end of the line of about 50 forks that need to be worked on (gee, thanks) but he doesn't think they'll be able to get to it while they are up here and said he'd probably have to mail it off to their service center.

That's quite a bit different than the two other techs who told me Monday that they had lowers coming up today and would install them and tune the fork for me.

Considering how unreliable they've been today it's hard to know what to believe and it's not exactly convenient to keep taking breaks from work to go run my bike down there and see if anyone is around (they didn't have a phone number for me to call).

Let's hope for better luck (like employees acting professionally) tomorrow.

Ahh yes, the marzoccih folks have to get to the top and have a piece of the big pie somehow... :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Repack said:
It really sucks when a good company hiers idiots. "
yes it does...

even the best products out there will at one point or another need servicing or repairs. Even if it has nothing to do with how the product performs, most of the time cases like these will tarnish a companies image and in some cases, make them loose current and potential customers. :( Just sux

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
And THIS is, in a nutshell, is the bike industry....(referring to my rant in another thread a couple of weeks ago).

That totally sucks ass. Those idiots have NO concept that you actually have a job and a schedule of your own. No communication, no sense of urgency to deliver on the promises made. And somehow in their tiny little minds, I bet they think that YOU'RE the asshole!

These clowns wouldn't last an hour in any other industry.

I hope you get your **** sorted out!

crashing_sux said:
Somebodies fork will get dialed for sure, but who's??? Certainly not mine.

When I talked to the techs on Monday they said come back Wednesday and they would fix my fork up. I asked what time and they said anytime, they'd be there all day so I told them I would show up when the lifts open at 10.

10am rolls around today and I show up at the Marzocchi camp (isn't that what is expected when you say you'll be someplace?) and nobody is there. Well, not exactly nobody, there was me and at least one other guy there who had the exact same problem I had but in the left leg. They had told him to show up today and they'd fix his fork as well. By 1pm he got tired of waiting around and left but since I had allready taken the day off of work intending to get my fork fixed and ride the rest of the day I kept hanging out all day until finally at 6pm Ronnie and a couple of other guys showed up.

I should have seen this coming, of course they had no idea what was going on, said that nobody was supposed to be working today and that they didn't even have any parts yet, and that they were planning on working on a bunch of forks tomorrow, but not mine.

Why the hell is is to so hard for some people to just do what they say they are going to do? It's not like I pressured them to get it done anytime soon, they just threw out Wednesday as the date they would fix my fork and I said OK. Same thing they did to the other guy. I wonder if this happened to anyone else today? I only know about the one other guy because he came up to me and started talking to me about my bike and when I told him why I wasn't riding he said that he was in the same boat.

It completely blew my day of riding as well since the fork is leaking oil directly onto my rotor and pads so my front brake is useless. I managed to hit Dirt Merchant and A-line but real trails with any steep sections were out since I was relying on my rear brake to slow me down.

This just blows me away, there were three techs there on Monday who told me and at least one other person to come by Wednesday. How hard would it have been for even one of them to be there? Or to even put a note on the door saying sorry, we lied to you and decided to go riding instead? At least then we wouldn't have wasted hours waiting around.

:mumble:

Sep 10, 2001
Ok... As much as your day of riding means to you, they have other things they need to do while up there. I do know one thing, the techs weren't riding yesterday. Which makes me feel better, being stuck down in California... They will do what they can for you, but patience may be required.

MMike, we also have jobs, schedules, ect... But we are flooded with calls of people who want us to bend the rules to suit their needs. An example is ol_cletus here.. He wanted me (Note, I am not in the warranty department) to warranty his fork, sight unseen. Why? Because in is an inconvience to him to have to ship his fork us.. So, we could start shipping out parts sight unseen, just relying on the honor system. After all, why would someone claim to be just riding along if it wasn't true? But in return, are you willing to pay a significant amount more money for forks and parts?

Brian

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
I think the reason the person in question in this thread got pissed is because he was told to come the next day and waited all day for nothing.

Sep 10, 2001
I can understand his issue, but it should go both ways. The guys are up there with a job they have to do. They are doing what they can to squeeze him into an already crowded schedule. It's not like they came up there just to fix his fork. And even if they did, they could have ran into anyone of several problems during the trip that could have delayed their arrival. At least while I am stuck here in California I get the comforting thought of Ronnie and Tom mounting a **** load of forks for journalists, distributors, OEM customers, etc.... Now that Ronnie and Tom are going to kick my ass for that comment, I'll end this...

Brian

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
Brian Peterson said:
I can understand his issue, but it should go both ways. The guys are up there with a job they have to do. They are doing what they can to squeeze him into an already crowded schedule. It's not like they came up there just to fix his fork. And even if they did, they could have ran into anyone of several problems during the trip that could have delayed their arrival. At least while I am stuck here in California I get the comforting thought of Ronnie and Tom mounting a **** load of forks for journalists, distributors, OEM customers, etc.... Now that Ronnie and Tom are going to kick my ass for that comment, I'll end this...

Brian
I think you are missing the point. Promises were made, your customer took a day off based on that info and no-one shows up? I understand that they are busy doing stuff that did not include being at the tent... but if the customer was told they would be there - they need to be.

If he was told that they couldn't do it until later, then this would be a non-issue.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
we DH customers are definitely whiny and cry at lot, but that's never an excuse for bike industry folks to act the same :D :nope:
IMO It's never good business practise to whine TO customers. But that's just me what do I know....

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Brian Peterson said:
MMike, we also have jobs, schedules, ect... But we are flooded with calls of people who want us to bend the rules to suit their needs. An example is ol_cletus here.. He wanted me (Note, I am not in the warranty department) to warranty his fork, sight unseen. Why? Because in is an inconvience to him to have to ship his fork us.. So, we could start shipping out parts sight unseen, just relying on the honor system. After all, why would someone claim to be just riding along if it wasn't true? But in return, are you willing to pay a significant amount more money for forks and parts?

Brian
Bologna (and I'm pronouncing the "G") bo-log-na
:nopity:

I know everyone THINKS they are the hardest working person ever, and no-one could ever have a more difficult schedule than they do. But "you" have guys promising stuff and then totally dropping the ball. There is no excuse for that. "You" (note the quotes) made a guy stand there with his thumb up his ass for an entire day...(I have physical proof of the whereabouts of his thumb), because Marz couldn't get the sh!t together well enough to come through. I don't care HOW busy you are. That's the business you're in. "You" need to staff accordingly. Especially if you're producing forks that don't reatin their fluid!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, guys, how about we don't crucify Brian for this. It wasn't him that was supposed to show up and didn't.

I agree with all of these problems - it sucks if you were told somethin and the company failed to deliver. But Brian gives a lot of useful input onto this board, and getting bent out of shape, targeting him when he's only doin a little P.R., just like any good employee would, isn't helping...

Shortbus: the sniping comments aren't even on topic. Why do it?

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
first off my comments were never directed at any single person (i.e. Brian). Second off i'm not the one getting on a public board and complaining about customer A then customer B giving out specific names or screen names or whatever and complaining about my customer's needs. I honestly can't imagine any worst behaviour coming from any company rep. So I'm not sure what you mean by me being off topic...

Just for example, Craig from Avalanche delt with a customer fury bonanza (that included ME) going on on this board with the utmost professionalism yet was very firm, which proved to me that he was 150% dedicated to his customers and completely changed my views of him. Such is obviously not the case here.

Sep 10, 2001
Ok... Instead of speculating like so many like to do here, I have found out a little info.. First off, I guess it was Tom who told him Ronnie would be there on Wednesday. Well, because of our shipment of parts didn't clear customs until almost 4pm yesterday. So, even if Ronnie had gotten there earlier, he wouldn't have had the parts...

BTW, I just got off the phone with my GM who is up there, and the guy's fork was fixed this morning.

Brian

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
Well.....then... GOOD! Capitol....Carry on then.... right.

(puts away his "waggin' finger")

Brian Peterson said:
Ok... Instead of speculating like so many like to do here, I have found out a little info.. First off, I guess it was Tom who told him Ronnie would be there on Wednesday. Well, because of our shipment of parts didn't clear customs until almost 4pm yesterday. So, even if Ronnie had gotten there earlier, he wouldn't have had the parts...

BTW, I just got off the phone with my GM who is up there, and the guy's fork was fixed this morning.

Brian

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Since this repair was minor (i.e. not life threatening), couldn't he have globbed a bit of JB weld over the hole and called it good until Marz could get him a new lower??? I always have an extra set of Hayes pads JIC...I agree that Marz dropped the ball a bit but it is also a riders responsibility to be somewhat prepared for the unseen...I am bringing an extra rear shock and tires and what ever else I can fit when I go back up to Whistler...I am not overlooking the fact that he was told one thing and got another!!!! customs are a bitch and Marz told him what best they knew to be true, it would have been nice however if they showed up to tell him 1st thing that his parts weren't in yet so he could have made something out of the day be it work or riding (rental/demo bike?).

anyway...glad it is taken care of.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
In defense of Brian P:

I give him a lot of credit for stivking up for his coworkers. It sounds like he personally had nothing to do with the situation, but worked hard to see that the 888 in question was fixed. In all the times I have dealt with Brian and Marzocchi, he always came through.

I think we should thank him for jumping into the middle of a firestorm and trying to smooth things over. Hell hath no furry like a Monkey scorned, and BP just went toe-to-toe with a bunch of them when he didn't have to.

If everything has been smoothed over, can we delete this thread?
(Just saw that Bizutch beat me to it)

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
Slugman said:
What year and model... b/c mine dented like an empty beer can!!!
They were both 1998 or 1999's. It is my hupothesis that the new metal logo plates on the Boxxer are to keep the dents from happening, not for cosmetics.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
bizutch said:
Somebody delete this frickin thread...ti needs to die. stupid bashing crap is getting stupid. pissy, whiny, whaaahhhhhhhhhhhh
Why is it whining for someone to complain about the fact they were told to show up on a certain date and then no one from Zoke showed up?

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
punkassean said:
Since this repair was minor (i.e. not life threatening), couldn't he have globbed a bit of JB weld over the hole and called it good until Marz could get him a new lower??? I always have an extra set of Hayes pads JIC...I agree that Marz dropped the ball a bit but it is also a riders responsibility to be somewhat prepared for the unseen...I am bringing an extra rear shock and tires and what ever else I can fit when I go back up to Whistler...I am not overlooking the fact that he was told one thing and got another!!!! customs are a bitch and Marz told him what best they knew to be true, it would have been nice however if they showed up to tell him 1st thing that his parts weren't in yet so he could have made something out of the day be it work or riding (rental/demo bike?).

You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with me wanting to get the fork fixed as soon as possible. It wasn't a case of me begging Zoke to fix it up right away and them trying to find time in their schedule to help me.

And for what it's worth, I referred to their techs as multiple people because I didn't have their names but after talking to them again, everyone I talked with (Ronnie, Tom, and sort of Brian in this thread) was cool, it was only Bryce that was a dick. Even he didn't start out being an ass, he seemed very nice at first.

Here's how it went down. Sunday I'm sitting at the bottom of the lifts talking with a buddy about the fork leak I wasn't able to find. Bryce taps me on the shoulder, takes a look and says that they'll be up here all week and if I come back tomorrow (Monday) he'll fix me up. How cool is that? I was stoked, I didn't ask for a thing and someone just walks up and says he'll help me out.

I show up Monday, Bryce sees that the problem is the lowers and says he'll have lowers Wednesday and that I should come back Wednesday. I've never even asked them to fix my fork thinking I'd have to ship it off and be without a fork for days and now I find out it will be fixed in a couple of days, and days I wasn't even planning on riding so no time on the bike lost. Again, I'm happy as can be. I asked what time I should show up as I like to be punctual, I'm not the kind of guy to just say I'll show up eventually. Bryce said show up anytime so I told him I'd show up when the lifts opened.

I never even planned on riding Wednesday but considering my good luck with having my fork fixed in town, no shipping, no expense I'm thinking I might as well just turn a great day into a perfect day and take the day off to ride all day when the fork is fixed. I head down Wednesday and find nobody is there. I looked around for a note taped to the van somewhere to see if maybe they would be late or out for the day but saw nothing, I had nothing else to do since I took the day off so I decided to hang out for a bit. After a few hours and talking to someone else with the exact same issue who was also told to come by Wednesday I realized I was stood up so of course I was pissed. Who wouldn't be?

I walked down there this morning and the first thing Bryce does is ask why I'm talking sh!t on the internet. I told him I wasn't talking smack, I was posting exactly what is going on. It's not like I started a thread just to bash Marz, if you read up top I was excited it was going to be fixed and thought they were doing a great job of customer support. I told people Monday that I would report back to them Wednesday with an update, so Wednesday I did report back with an update of exactly what happened. A lot of monkeys are my friends, I talk with them about anything going on in my life bike related, I didn't just sign up to RM to start Marz bashing, give me a break.

I told Bryce today all I expected was the courtesy to leave a note on the door and say that they would be out today. He felt that was asking too much. He said that he went down to customs yesterday just for me which was odd since there was at least one other guy there yesterday with the exact same problem.

If they told me they couldn't fix my fork until next week, Thursday I'd be happy with it, it had nothing to do with the speed, it had to do with Bryce telling me to come down and see him and not showing up. The funniest thing was that he feels like I owe him some sort of apology for keeping this thread up to date and posting exactly what happened, yet he doesn't owe me any apology for not being there and doesn't even think he should have posted a note on the door. He asked me if I was going to come onto RM and "fix the thread", what's to fix? He acts all pissed off so I tried to talk to him about it but he wouldn't talk to me, he says why he's pissed off (and I can understand why) and I gave him that saying that I could understand his point of view, but when I asked if he could understand my point of view he just said "I don't want to talk about it". Sounds like the classic line used by anyone who is wrong and doesn't want to admit it. What does the dude have against saying "I made a mistake, sorry". That's all I was expecting and I would have come on here and said I overreacted and they're a bunch of nice guys but after today I see that they're all a bunch of nice guys except Bryce (god I hope I have that name right and am not maligning the wrong guy) who was a total dick.

As for any custom work I talked to Tom and he said they were just referring to some polished bushings which speed break-in. They were out of them (and I didn't care) but he said it only makes a difference for the first few runs anyway, after that the stock bushings are broken in and just as smooth.

Again, yeah, things come up. I've been to a shop in the middle of the day that was closed because something happened and they had to run out, but the difference was they put a sign in the door saying "had to close early, be back tomorrow". This has nothing to do with missing time riding or the time it took to get the fork fixed, I hadn't planned on riding again until Friday anyway and after talking to them on Sunday, first having them look at it on Monday, and having the fork fixed today I think the time to fix was great, it's the attitude that sucked.

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
crashing_sux said:
You're missing the point. It has nothing to do with me wanting to get the fork fixed as soon as possible.....I hadn't planned on riding again until Friday anyway and after talking to them on Sunday, first having them look at it on Monday, and having the fork fixed today I think the time to fix was great, it's the attitude that sucked.
I got the point as evidenced by this comment I made in my first post:

punkassean said:
I agree that Marz (specifically Bryce?) dropped the ball a bit...I am not overlooking the fact that he (crashing_sux) was told one thing and got another!!!! customs are a bitch and Marz told him what best they knew to be true, it would have been nice however if they showed up to tell him 1st thing that his parts weren't in yet so he could have made something out of the day be it work or riding (rental/demo bike?).

crashing_sux said:
As for any custom work I talked to Tom and he said they were just referring to some polished bushings which speed break-in. They were out of them (and I didn't care) but he said it only makes a difference for the first few runs anyway, after that the stock bushings are broken in and just as smooth.
Tom (Soul_Rider or something like that) spent a lot of time and energy defending the expensive machinery/tooling used to polish these bushings in another thread only to say now that it is no big deal really. Which one is it? Is it a big deal and he didn't want to let you down again after making yet another false promise (not him personally) or is it really not a big deal??? Or was his comment taken out of context or slightly misquoted?

Tom...Brian...anyone care to elaborate???

anyways man I hear you and I hear them, situation resolved...I'd like to think I got the point the first time.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
punkassean said:
I got the point as evidenced by this comment I made in my first post...
What caught my attention was when you asked if I couldn't JB weld it or something. I'm sure I could have found some workaround but there was no need as I wasn't in a rush to get it fixed, it just ended up lucky in getting it fixed quickly.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Sounds like that guy (Bryce?) was a little loose when he promised the fork could get fixed on-site at 10 am. He should have realized that C_S would rely on someone from Marz being there at that time. Maybe he didn't know C_S would need to make a special trip or skip work, but still. And a note or something is not too much to ask, especially since apparently more than one person was told the same thing. As soon as it was clear there wouldn't be anyone there at 10am with the parts, they should have sent someone over to explain what happened, that way maybe C_S and that other guy could have salvaged part of their day.

But let's cut the company some slack. The products still rock, Brian P is always on top of things (at least here on RM anyway), and it sounds like Bryce had good intentions and was trying to go beyond the call to get the problem resolved. An on-site repair/replacement is more than should reasonably be expected, and in fact after the communication breakdown the fork was fixed.

Funny, Marz probably offered up the good service because they didn't want us all to learn about porosity, but the result was the opposite.

Hope those lowers hold oil!
:devil:

Sep 10, 2001
OGRipper said:
Funny, Marz probably offered up the good service because they didn't want us all to learn about porosity, but the result was the opposite.
Porosity isn't some big secret thing.... If you ever took a high school metal shop class you probably have enough understanding as to what happened. It is a possibility during the casting process.

As for "whinning on the internet" and deleting this thread, why delete it? But when people want to go online and bad mouth us, we do take it personally. Why? Because, much like many of you, this whole riding thing is our life's blood. We do what we can, but in the real world ( and yes, the bike industry is the real world.) we are limited to how much we can do. But when you try to help and you feel you get an F-you as opposed to a thank you, it doesn't make anyone happy.

Brian

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Brian Peterson said:
Porosity isn't some big secret thing.... If you ever took a high school metal shop class you probably have enough understanding as to what happened. It is a possibility during the casting process.

As for "whinning on the internet" and deleting this thread, why delete it? But when people want to go online and bad mouth us, we do take it personally. Why? Because, much like many of you, this whole riding thing is our life's blood. We do what we can, but in the real world ( and yes, the bike industry is the real world.) we are limited to how much we can do. But when you try to help and you feel you get an F-you as opposed to a thank you, it doesn't make anyone happy.

Brian
There's that "bad mouth" comment that Bryce mentioned earlier. What exactly is the bad mouthing you are commenting on. I've never said anything bad about the fork, it rides great and I love it. I accepted that things happen and it was fixed even faster than I could have hoped for.

The only thing I mentioned that could even look bad for anyone at Marz was that someone didn't show up when they said they would, but it's not like I'm slandering here. It happened, it's a fact. This is not directed at you personally Brian, but in general, if you make a mistake and someone points it out to you the best thing you can do is apologize and try to prevent it from happening in the future.

You act like it would have been perfectly acceptable if only someone hadn't made it public so other potential customers could find out about it. If someone had just said we screwed up, sorry, won't happen again it's not like anyone here is going to not buy a fork because of that.

Instead of wishing nobody would find out about your actions I recommend doing everything in a manner that you don't have to be ashamed of, that way if someone finds out anything you have been doing you don't have to worry about it.

We all make mistakes, most of us just say we're sorry afterwords.

Everyone want to read something funny, try taking this same situation and changing the context just slightly, you'll still see how ridiculous it is. Say you're supposed to meet your girlfriend up for dinner, but can't make it because your car brakes down. You have a cell phone and could call her but for some reason you just forget to so by the time you see her the next day you found out she has allready vented to her friends that she's pissed you didn't show up and never called.

Do you:
a) Say you're sorry you couldn't make it but your car broke down and you forgot to call.
b) Ask your girlfriend what the hell her problem is and why she told her friends that you never showed? Make sure to give her lots of attitude and don't even consider apologizing.

Think you're getting laid tonight?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
All this guy wants is an appology for them not showing up. If they agreed on a time then someone should have been there or at least a note explaining why they couldnt.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
As evidenced from the Marzo guys on this boards, they could honestly care less about how they treat their customers. It seems to be a company-wide practice to treat your customers like garbage. I'm not gonna buy another Marzo (Keep in mind I ride on one right now...).

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
xbluethunderx said:
As evidenced from the Marzo guys on this boards, they could honestly care less about how they treat their customers. It seems to be a company-wide practice to treat your customers like garbage. I'm not gonna buy another Marzo (Keep in mind I ride on one right now...).
Now you guys are just being stupid. You are going to honestly stop riding one of the best forks out there b/c some tech screwed up in VT?

The topic has been covered and comments like this add no value.

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Slugman said:
Now you guys are just being stupid. You are going to honestly stop riding one of the best forks out there b/c some tech screwed up in VT?

The topic has been covered and comments like this add no value.
You are so right. Let's forget this all happened and continue to buy products from a company that can't seem to get a grip on the basis of customer service.

Brian, if porosity isn't a secret, then why do Marzo techs keep insisting that this is "the first time they've heard of this problem?" Here's an idea. How about everybody stops kissing ass and realize that c_s is owed an apology? In any other business this would be completely unacceptable. Why is it that here and now, we have to understand the situation? I give Brian respect for taking the time and effort to post on this board. BUT, that also puts him in the position of defending the company he represents. In that respect, Brian, you need to understand that c_s has also been screwed by the employees of the company that you represent. Stop trying to place a blame and give us an explanation. I have been a staunch supporter of Marzocchi, but I'm really starting to get irritated. Why does Marzocchi deserve anything more than a **** You?

If this is your life's blood then you should understand that when a company makes a promise, we expect them to back it up. All these defensive posts do nothing more than to demonstrate that you and your company don't understand. Customer service is a huge part of this game, and so far I haven't been impressed.

As an aside, I had leaks on both sides of my lowers and was told that this was the first incident they'd seen. I've had nothing but good things to say about the company, despite my knowledge that the above clearly wasn't the case.

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
xbluethunderx said:
I would not go that far. Seems to me that this is more of an isolated incident as opposed to a disturbing trend. People do make mistakes. I think that this thread has gone on for so long b/c screwups by Marzo are so rare. In my many years of working with a shop I only ever had one problem with Marzo. In fact, Marzocchi was so much better to deal with than RS and Manitou that we stopped stocking them. We knew that any Marz problem could easily be fixed. No need to buy an expensive tackle box full of cheaply made but expensive plastic parts.
There are a lot of reason to like Marzocchi. Don't write them off b/c one person made a mistake. How many of you have been wronged by Marzocchi???

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Repack said:
I would not go that far. Seems to me that this is more of an isolated incident as opposed to a disturbing trend. People do make mistakes. I think that this thread has gone on for so long b/c screwups by Marzo are so rare. In my many years of working with a shop I only ever had one problem with Marzo. In fact, Marzocchi was so much better to deal with than RS and Manitou that we stopped stocking them. We knew that any Marz problem could easily be fixed. No need to buy an expensive tackle box full of cheaply made but expensive plastic parts.
There are a lot of reason to like Marzocchi. Don't write them off b/c one person made a mistake. How many of you have been wronged by Marzocchi???
This I can totally agree with. However, my concern is the inability to admit that a mistake has been made.

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Yeah, I certainly wouldn't stop using Marz products or advocate that anyone else stop using them, I just came away from the experience thinking that one guy there is a dick. I'm actually really surprised they thought it was such a big deal, the guy can't mind people thinking he's an ass that much or you'd think he'd try not being an ass. He could have even spent two minutes talking to me and I'd have come back and said it was a misunderstanding but when all he did was say I dont' want to talk about it and walk away can he really think I'm going to come back here and tell everyone what a great guy he is?

Nobody is that stupid, he just doesn't care. Again, I dont' think it reflects on the whole company and would be happy to do business with them again. I'd even be happy to work with Bryce in the future if he drops the attitude, maybe he was just having a bad day, I dont' really know and since he didn't want to talk about it I'll never find out.