Quantcast

My 888 is leaking from the center of the fork leg!!!

Repack

Turbo Monkey
Nov 29, 2001
Boston Area
bagtagley said:
This I can totally agree with. However, my concern is the inability to admit that a mistake has been made.
If I were BP, I might not apologize either. You've got to support your coworkers. Let them apologize. "Holding the company line" isn't always fun, but sure beats being unemployed.
EDIT: But I do understand your point.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
No no, its not just this one incident. It just seems like the entire company has a "be a jackass to customers" policy. I mean what with happened with Bryce on this board, and now this, it just looks really really bad for Marzo. At first when Bryce came on RM about the whole pics posting thing, I was like hmmm this one guy must just be an asshole, but it looks like it's company policy to not care about their customers. I love their stuff, but I really doubt I'll be buying a brand new Marzo ever...

Btw, this isn't with the tech that messed up, this is with the fact that they won't apologize for what was blatantly their wrong, and that they couldn't even be bothered to leave a note.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
There is no problem with Marzocchi, their company or their products. This whole thread is just a pissing contest and everybody's running out of fluid. You're all just beating a dead horse.

One of you is an instigator is all....these message boards are sometimes the worst thing to happen to a good company. bagtagley is having his own personal bashfest and needs some anger management/ Better yet, he shoudl be stuck on the production floor at Marzocchi for a month, then transfered over to Customer Service for a month, then warranty.

We can monitor him and see how perfect everything he does on the production floor is. We can call him constantly and speak with him at ease and he will always be in a wonderful, cheerful cooperative and helpful mood. He will return every single call immediately, he'll know the answer to every single question. He'll respond to over 150 emails per day with concise, clear and quantitative answers that no one will questior and help us all. He'll even be able to post on these message boards for 5 years in a row without ever saying anything that upsets someone, is misleading, defensive or overly assertive or irritating.

He'll be perfect. He won't make excuses, point fingers, blame anyone for mistakes, he won't deny wrong doing. He'll take full responsibility for everything, even if he didn't do it. Life will be so much easier because he will do it all and perfection wiil be achieved...... :o

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
Seems obvious you didn't read my post. Not really sure why you picked me out and wrote 3 paragraphs about me. What I wrote was in no way a bashfest.

Also, the guilty party in all this was working out of a tent at Whistler/Blackcomb...I'd hardly compare that to the production floor at Marzocchi.

Sep 10, 2001
OK... First off... Porosity is not a secret... You can read up on it in numerous books. We haven't seen very many problems in regard to it. But, we do not just jump to the conclusion that it is a huge problem if less than 1/10th of a percent of the 888's we have sold here in the States have a problem. I can only talk about numbers here, I don't have world wide numbers. But we do report all warranty/ production issues to Italy. All in the effort to prevent future problems.

Second, the apology you would like... Like I said before, things could have been handled differently. But I also don't know the circumstances up there. Yes, in your eyes, a quick note would have made made a difference, but like I said before, I don't know what was going on up there on that day.. BTW, I won't apologize for them. If I was up there and I ****ed up, yeah, you would get an apology from me. To use your analogy, if your GF showed up late because her car broke down, couldn't call you because her cellphone died, and you go off on her without finding out what happened, do you think you would get laid that night? Probably not, but with any luck, the make up sex will be good..

It comes down to this... There are two sides to each story. And somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

Brian

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
One time I bought this tool at harbor freight and it broke when I used it, so I took it back and they exchanged it for another one but it broke too, when i went back the third time the store was closed and there wasn't a note on the door saying they would be closed but it was obvious that nobody was around so I waited to see if they'd come back but it got dark and I fell asleep in my car and the next morning when they opened up I was like what's going on, you guys are closed at night? They didn't apologize so now I don't buy cheap tools anymore.

Yeah, CrashingSux got screwed but after waiting around for a couple hours you weren't forced to stay there waiting. They did explain that the parts needed to repair your fork were held up at customs in the end. Isn't it entirely possible that this Bryce guy had gone early in the morning to customs to try and get the parts for you specifically and didn't realize it would take all day, he didn't leave a note because he didn't think he'd be delayed as long as he was. Bryce was probablly going out of his way to give better than average customer service and got held up. Like Brian said, there's two sides and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Of course that's easy for me to say since I didn't miss a day of work sitting waiting for nobody to show up.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
bagtagley said:
Seems obvious you didn't read my post. Not really sure why you picked me out and wrote 3 paragraphs about me. What I wrote was in no way a bashfest.

Also, the guilty party in all this was working out of a tent at Whistler/Blackcomb...I'd hardly compare that to the production floor at Marzocchi.
sorry to point you out...you're just one of many in this monstrous pissing contest...you just happened to have posted most recently....and yeah, I did read your post and would like to slam every single argument you made but don't have the time or the levity.

I'm one ill tempered cuss with zero etiqutte and would just make everybody hate me....that's why I don't work in customer service call centers anymore.
I'm removing myself from this thread.

PEACE!!! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :oink: :oink: :oink:

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Kornphlake said:
One time I bought this tool at harbor freight and it broke when I used it, so I took it back and they exchanged it for another one but it broke too, when i went back the third time the store was closed and there wasn't a note on the door saying they would be closed but it was obvious that nobody was around so I waited to see if they'd come back but it got dark and I fell asleep in my car and the next morning when they opened up I was like what's going on, you guys are closed at night? They didn't apologize so now I don't buy cheap tools anymore.

Yeah, CrashingSux got screwed but after waiting around for a couple hours you weren't forced to stay there waiting. They did explain that the parts needed to repair your fork were held up at customs in the end. Isn't it entirely possible that this Bryce guy had gone early in the morning to customs to try and get the parts for you specifically and didn't realize it would take all day, he didn't leave a note because he didn't think he'd be delayed as long as he was. Bryce was probablly going out of his way to give better than average customer service and got held up. Like Brian said, there's two sides and the truth lies somewhere in the middle. Of course that's easy for me to say since I didn't miss a day of work sitting waiting for nobody to show up.
I wasn't forced to sit around all day but I said I'd be there and had nothing better to do so I just rode A-line and Dirt Merchant all day.

Of course there are two sides to every story, which I never denied. When I made the original post I said there may be a perfectly good reason but it was never communicated to me. I even apologized to Bryce for jumping the gun and posting that night instead of waiting to find out why they weren't around. The only one who couldn't see that there were two sides is Bryce, who could only see his side of it and not the side of his two customers.

And while I don't have that much experience with the company people keep mentioning Zoke as a company, I think I've been clear about this before but in case I haven't I've had zero issues with Zoke as a company, just with one person there, Bryce. Yep, the same guy who came on RM posting about prototype pics pissing everyone off. I really don't think it's a company wide problem, I think it's one guy. Who knows, the other guys there may be pissed at me too but are just able to show enough self control to not have such an attitude with me. If so, that's good enough for me.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
crashing_sux said:
I think I've been clear about this before but in case I haven't I've had zero issues with Zoke as a company, just with one person there, Bryce. Yep, the same guy who came on RM posting about prototype pics pissing everyone off...
Do you mean Bryson (Martin)? The freakin head honcho, the dude who also blasted Manitou on the whole 1.5 thing in MBA. :eek:

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Zark said:
Do you mean Bryson (Martin)? The freakin head honcho, the dude who also blasted Manitou on the whole 1.5 thing in MBA. :eek:
The same guy who goes around Boxxer owners houses at night and punctures their oil seals while they are sleeping? :p :devil:

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
Zark said:
Could be I screwed up the name. He seemed like the head honcho there but BP would know for sure.

Sep 10, 2001
I pretty much assumed your first contact was Bryson... Which would be why he told you Ronnie was due up on Wednesday... At that time, that's all the info he had.

Brian

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
kinda funny that no one spoke up about "Bryce" being Bryson until now...

I am starting to feel bad for Marz employees having to cover for their unruly boss. For the record, I have had good experiences with Ronnie in person and BP is always "on-it" here on RM but I am beginning to develop the idea that the boss man has a hot temper...but good intentions

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
punkassean said:
kinda funny that no one spoke up about "Bryce" being Bryson until now...

I am starting to feel bad for Marz employees having to cover for their unruly boss. For the record, I have had good experiences with Ronnie in person and BP is always "on-it" here on RM but I am beginning to develop the idea that the boss man has a hot temper...but good intentions
That's the same feeling I get, not a bad guy but bad people skills when angry, and Ronnie and Tom were both great to deal with.

jedi

Chimp
Jul 8, 2004
hertford,uk
mine have done this twice now.as long as they keep giving me sliders i'll keep them :O))
monsters with 888 internals for 2005 for me i reckon :O)