All done on my hardtail with 1.5 slicks

Details:
1st Leg: all uphill - 1.8 miles, 511'
2nd Leg: rolling road - 1.7 miles, no significant elevation change
3rd Leg: all downhill - 1.0 mile, 480'
4th Leg: rolling road, general downhill grade - 3.2 miles, 220'
5th Leg: all uphill 2.4 miles, 1162'
6th Leg: rolling road - 2.1, no significant elevation change

The first climb was tough... but that's mostly because it was right out of the gate... I wasn't really warmed up. The last climb was brutal... no question about it. :dead:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
found this on the local roadie site... thought some of you might be interested. This is a profile of the final climb... or at least the worst part of it.

1.8 miles total
1.1 miles of hill averaging 10.5%
ends with a final insult at around 19%
another half mile or so to get to the top

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
have you started a little log yet...trying to beat your time each day? That's when I knew I was officially crazy. I would hit the gate at the building and stop my watch, then when I got to my desk I would open my little spreadsheet and log my average speed, time, heart rate..... I know, I'm addicted. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Heidi said:
have you started a little log yet...trying to beat your time each day? That's when I knew I was officially crazy. I would hit the gate at the building and stop my watch, then when I got to my desk I would open my little spreadsheet and log my average speed, time, heart rate..... I know, I'm addicted. :)
Sorry to derail, but are you going to be able to race again in the future Heidi?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Heidi said:
Holy Moly - I don't even know how to properly take my heart rate. I ride because it's fun and it takes my mind off all the other stressful crap in my life. It is a good way to get some exercise, spend time with friends, and blow off some steam.

Should I be paying more attention to my heart rate, average speed and all that other stuff??

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Heidi said:

uh oh, I am crazy too but not as crazy being I dont record heart rate

but I try to mix it up, and go on plenty of "just fun" rides too!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MMcG said:
Should I be paying more attention to my heart rate, average speed and all that other stuff??
Not if you don't want to, that's part of the fun for me on my commutes. Some people like to chill all the time, I like to go fast, beat my time up hills, race cars.....I'm just competitve.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride

splat

Nam I am
Heidi said:
Not if you don't want to, that's part of the fun for me on my commutes. Some people like to chill all the time, I like to go fast, beat my time up hills, race cars.....I'm just competitve.
I like to treat my Commute in to work as a Time trial, I know all my split time along the way and it is Hard to beat my Best time !

and I have started to niotice trends ! , like if my first split is really good , I die out in the end. In other words starting out too fast.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
douglas said:
<snip>
you need your xc bike - fire road, 1400 ft in about 2.5 miles - I think my time= 45 min's
Hey - we have a local trail just like that:

"rising over 1,600 ft. in elevation in 2.8 miles with zero elevation loss"

The descent is sweet, *sweet* singletrack........ :thumb:

-S.S.-

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
SkaredShtles said:
Hey - we have a local trail just like that:

"rising over 1,600 ft. in elevation in 2.8 miles with zero elevation loss"

The descent is sweet, *sweet* singletrack........ :thumb:

[
-S.S.-

cool

last time I did the overlook climb, about half way up a hiker passed me!! :eek:

but a couple minutes later he stopped to rest so I was able to pass him back!

I need to go back - I am pretty sure (and hope) I am in much better shape now