Quantcast

My Alert Bell.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I do not get my Alert to inform Avy Someone has made a response to me? Sometime’s I get it,but only like 50%? I go back and check a thread and someone had made a comment tome? No Alert? Hum? What am I doing wrong? Or missing? Perhaps this is not really important.

Avy

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
@Avy If you click the bell and hit Preferences, you'll see the various types of alerts you're signed up for.

The biggest one that's easy to miss is, if you don't choose "automatically watch content you interact with" and "receive a notification when someone replies to a watched thread," you won't get notifications when people reply but don't also quote you.

But anyway, check the preferences and if you're not getting something but it is checked in your preferences, post a link to a specific example.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Ex-member, Drunken Ninja, as I recall.
Yup.

@Avy - he often posted semi-articulate rants, and one of them was about a noisy double-dinger bell that he bought and all the things he was going to do with it.

His posts were funny, but he ended up abusing a bike donation program on here - begging for a free bike, then complaining about what he got, then spending hundreds of dollars changing it because it turned out he didn't need the free bike to start with.

He had mental issues, but stealing from a charity is pretty shitty.