Quantcast

My attempt at making my buget fork rideable

kezajones

Chimp
May 19, 2007
Right, so i have this crappy stance flow that i picked up for $60 with the RTWD cap missing that i used on my p.1 when it was my all rounder rig but with the delivery of my 250R looming i decided i needed a fork untill i figured out witch new one i want,

i cut the springs (inner and outer) down by 40mm, added a 70mm spacer between the top out spring and black plastic spacer and did the same on the rebound side, i then swapped out the oil for some 15w/ 40w motul oil and drilled out the "ports" on the black plastic piston attached to the fork top of the rebound side leg to 3mm.

im very happy with the results from the short ride i had on the p.1 before i stripped it down and am hopeing it will do me good on the revell untill i get a new fork :),

anyways let me know what you recon of my sort of "ghetto gold label wannabe"

Cheers!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
What did you use for the top out spacer? I tried a piece of PVC in my 04 flick but the top out spring just went inside the inner part of the PVC and made a nasty top out clunk.

kezajones

Chimp
May 19, 2007
i used an aluminium sleeve with the same diameter hole as the rods but big enough outer for the top out spring to sit on it,

hope this helps and thanks for the kind words everyone :)

kezajones

Chimp
May 19, 2007
might have to delay the full test :disgust1: somebody came round the back of my house into my garage and took my wheels! just my wheels :shocked: , my whole bike was there in pieces, my onzo t pro was there, my ktm, my pitbike and $60,000 worth of snap on tools were in there yet the they only took my wheels :shocked: anyways sorry for the random spam rant :(

_*sTiTcHeS*_

Monkey
Apr 24, 2006
put that on pinkbike and sell it as a gold label. then buy a dirt jumper 3 and sell it as a 1 then buy a 66vf and sell it as an rc and then get blimp and fly away with all the money.