Quantcast

adstock

Chimp
Sep 12, 2006
This isnt directed at you, im just saying how no matter what i do, ill be hated on, its either race where i belong and im a sandbagger bcuz i have bikes, or race pro-get shutout-hurt, but have "pride" and be the poser in pro
Stop being a pussy and worrying about what others think and just do what you want. It's not that difficult.

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
Dude, you have said over and over how people hate on you b\c you have alot of bikes. The only person who keeps bringing it up is you.
If you dont wanna hear what people have to say then quit putting yourself out!
remember, i asked about bar height, look where we are 11 pages later :shocked:

Sam B

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Cascadia
I haven't read all the pages of random BS that this seems to have turned into. However for someone well over 6' tall I used to run my bars pretty darn low. Just recently I moved my bars up a LOT and I like it. It is a bit weird in flat loose corners, but with any kind of support in the turn (or on anything steeper) you can drive the bike around the corner with your hips more. It is also a lot more forgiving if your front wheel does break loose.

You can keep your weight over the front by keeping your knees bent, hips a bit forward and chest up. A much more "aggressive" position than being bent over your bike holding on to that low wide bar. Did I just say that? Huh...

demo 9

Turbo Monkey
Jan 31, 2007
north jersey
I haven't read all the pages of random BS that this seems to have turned into. However for someone well over 6' tall I used to run my bars pretty darn low. Just recently I moved my bars up a LOT and I like it. It is a bit weird in flat loose corners, but with any kind of support in the turn (or on anything steeper) you can drive the bike around the corner with your hips more. It is also a lot more forgiving if your front wheel does break loose.
interesting approach, i will certainly look into that. as of now, the KS went up an inch (feels real good, ill probably leave it) the Banshee is down an inch, not totally happy with it, better, but i dont think flat bars is the answer.

TheTruth

Turbo Monkey
Jun 15, 2009
I'm waving. Can you see me now?
By the way, most 'pros', especially those racing the local series'eses', don't even come close to making a living off it - the only reason they struggle to make it to every race all summer is because they love riding and they love racing - whether or not they consistently podium or are always off the back. I say give Pro a try at least once, more competition almost instantly makes you rider faster/better.
He won't because...

Tetreault

Monkey
Nov 23, 2005
SoMeWhErE NoWhErE
and tetreault, the tags, and there were more IIRC. I am not sure if your all (nd this isnt pointed at any single person) flaming me because im a young kid that bought alot of bikes
please show me any point in this thread where i was directly attacking you in a negative way i,e personally say YOU suck or something along those lines that justifies your response here. the jersey thing was a joke and if you cant find the humour in that...... then i don't know

no, you catch a lot of flak because you ask a lot of incessant trivial questions without trying things for yourself first.
thats all it is, it has nothing to do with the bikes you own, how many, how they are spec'd, how you get them, it is exactly for the reasons JK said.

Am i getting hated on for the actual question for the last 6 pages of the thread? Its all about "lets hate demo 9 because he has more bikes than me that he won
YES you are getting hated on for the actual first question and then have managed to dig yourself into a hole (same as your quote above)

"i deserve them more" Not directed at you
who exactly is this directed at? no body here deserves those bikes or prizes, im glad there is a place where they can give that out to people that support the mountain, you have just managed to make it sound like that is an important part of your riding/racing, all it does is discredit your integrity over the internet (really doesnt matter)

i feel entitled to a POSSIBILITY OR CHANCE
simply, thats ****ed up

I dont think anybody here would enter a race with sam hill, not even for "pride"
i would race sam on a hardtail simply for pride, and im 100% serious

Dude, you have said over and over how people hate on you b\c you have alot of bikes. The only person who keeps bringing it up is you.
If you dont wanna hear what people have to say then quit putting yourself out!
this is all it is, you probably think im an ass, and all i do is seek out your threads to "hate on you", weird thing is, i dont do or think either of these things. It all just comes back to when ever someone says something as a joke or somewhat remotely negative, you seem to need to justify yourself and then start to offend people, not take anyones advice when thats what your asking for, ect. seems like you feel like your a victim all the time and people should feel the same as your or sorry for you.

like really, for someone with 4000+ posts did you really need to ask a question about bar height on two totally different bikes?