Quantcast

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just watched four episodes of this. Amazing. 16 year old girls in skanky outfits dreaming of Barbie wedding cakes and neon gowns with LED light strings, and getting them.

Dirt, just skip forward to 1:23

There seems to be much prejudice against these people, but the show doesn't ever seem to address the origin of it.

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
The prejudice against the gypsy people is there because, for the most part, they are violent, uneducated people who proudly class themselves as a separate community to the rest of Britain, don't pay taxes and yet still get the benefits of living in Britain .

I'm sure some of them are lovely though.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
The prejudice against the gypsy people is there because, for the most part, they are violent, uneducated people who proudly class themselves as a separate community to the rest of Britain, don't pay taxes and yet still get the benefits of living in Britain .

I'm sure some of them are lovely though.
So they're Mexican?

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
As gypsy communities live on designated gypsy caravan sites, where they pat rent directly to a land owner, not through a legal system they skip tax there. They typically work cash in hand construction jobs etc, its frowned upon to work for anyone other than other gypsies so no tax there.

Only tax they pay would be Value Added Tax on food and clothes etc.

To be honest it's not the taxes thing that aggravates me about gypsies (If I could get out of paying them I would, who wouldn't?) it's their treatment of women (when a girl takes a young gypsy mans eye he can grab the girl, pull her outside and punch her till she'll kiss him and this is the status quo)and the fact that their culture means that everyone is pretty much illiterate.

Why are people so proud to be part of a culture that raises their children to be violent uneducated? Also why do we celebrate them through this terrible TV show?

the mind boggles sometimes.

P.S. if anyone is thinking I just hate immigrant communities I was raised in Wales, living in England now, with Canadian and Russian Jewish roots. Immigration is vital to a community. There's just something about me that doesn't like uneducated rapists

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
There was an American community of these Parkies in North Augusta, which is down in South Carolina. They'd come into the town I lived in, Aiken, from time to time. They were a HUGE pain in the ass. They'd try to take over every place they went into, demanding the attention and the lion's share of the help.

I'd rather get the new incurable gonorrhea then have these ****-wits as neighbors.

CastleMaster

Monkey
Jan 11, 2010
Upper Newport Bay