Quantcast

My bike got ganked

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
So my roomate(riding buddy) jumped on my azonic evolution last night to go to the gas station and get a drink. He left it out front knowing it was a bad idea but figured he would be all of 30 seconds so no big deal. One of our local gutter punks (street rats whatever you want to call them) comes in and makes a big stink about a glass of water. That's when my roomate puts 2+2 together and looks outside and the bikes gone(yea, the one kid was trying to distract my friend). He tells the mobil guys to call the cops and they are more than willing since they see shyt like this all the time. The cops came took a discription he gave so much detail they said "that will be enough" and talked to my roomate for a bit. About five minutes later one of the cops comes back and said he had the bike. What these kids do is steal it and stash it in some bushes or behind a building in the area and come back for it later or the next day. Best part is that mobil has the whole thing on tape from the kid stealing it to the kid that ran the decoy.......they should both be arrested today. Also I'm pretty sure I know who the kid was and now i get to kick the living crap out of him also. Ahhhhh, there are some happy endings to bike thefts. :thumb:

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
No problem.......so i guess the story should be "my bike got stolen for 10 minutes last night".

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea, though i think i would have ripped his arms off and beat him to death. or well close to death.
don't touch my bikes ****er. i'll ****ing kill you all.
ok i'm done.

Mumbles

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Minneapolis, MN
as most people that know me can attest, i'm NOT a violent person, in any respect. but if some little ****er touched my bike, i would have no qualms about beating the living piss out of him, either by myself or with some help from a friend or two... the bike's sacred.
glad you got it back! :thumb:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Mumbles said:
as most people that know me can attest, i'm NOT a violent person, in any respect. but if some little ****er touched my bike, i would have no qualms about beating the living piss out of him, either by myself or with some help from a friend or two... the bike's sacred.
glad you got it back! :thumb:
i'm never a fan of the current popular mob technique of scrapping..... Do it yourself, if he's bigger than you just give him an unsuspecting bike pump to the back of the head for starters. :monkey:

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
While you are at it give your roommate a good punch for being an idiot with your bike. Or at the very least sexile him for a few days to teach him a lesson.

The Ito

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
ito said:
While you are at it give your roommate a good punch for being an idiot with your bike. Or at the very least sexile him for a few days to teach him a lesson.

The Ito
Whoever stole the bike will get the shyt kicked out of them. It's my frame and parts but my roomates fork so he would not have been to happy himself. I will find out who it was(my friends are local cops) and the theif better hope i find them before my roomate since I'm, 5'11'' 180 and he's 6'2'' 250. Oh well, guess this kid has it coming, appearently they've done this many times before but this is the first time they'll be on tape.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I have only caught one thief ever who stole my bike. I beat the snot out of him when I caught him and retrieved the bike. To my great pleasure, he showed up as a freshman at my high school the year as I entered 10th grade and I persecuted him mercilessly for three straight years. I never beat him down again after the first time, but I certainly roughed him up. It was the only exception I've ever made for not instigating physical confrontations.

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
I've gone as far as asking a cop when we were in school if it was OK to shoot a theif. The cop looked at me like I was kidding but I told him I was dead serious. I asked him if I saw him riding away with my bike or breaking into my car, whatever, can I shoot him? The cop said no unless he's in my house but I'd still do it. I'd hopefully not kill him but he'd be asking for it stealing something.

Not only are these kids stupid for steeling it but your roomate is a tool for leaving it outside. It's like asking to be stolen. Now on TV we have these TV commericals that tell idiot people not to start there car or leave the keys in it because there's been car thefts locally. How stupid do you have to be to start your car then go inside and do something OR at the gas station to leave the keys in while you go pay. Man they keys and wallet goes everywhere with me. No questions, if ands or buts.

Good to know though you got your ride back. It could have been much worst.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Spunger said:
The cop said no unless he's in my house but I'd still do it. I'd hopefully not kill him but he'd be asking for it stealing something.

Unless your gun has blanks in it (shooting at him for sheer scare tactics), i'd sure hope you shoot to kill... Or at least i hope your lawer is better paid than his.....

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Speaking of roommates, I'm a bit worried about moving to a big city (Steamboat is only 7K in pop) for school w/ all my bikes. I have 4 of them, and they're all over $3K each. I'd hate to have my friggin' :D roommates take one of my bikes out (without my permission while I'm in class or something) for ice cream and have it ganked from under him/her. How are most of you dealing w/ roommates and your bike(s)?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
oly said:
i dont have roomates, but if i did, i'd keep my bikes locked, and have very good renters insurance.
I thought of that. But it's a pretty sad day when you have to lock your bikes at home. I don't know which is worse, non-biking roomies who don't have a clue how much those bikes are, or biking ones who'd be :drool:-ing to ride one.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Pau11y said:
Speaking of roommates, I'm a bit worried about moving to a big city (Steamboat is only 7K in pop) for school w/ all my bikes. I have 4 of them, and they're all over $3K each. I'd hate to have my friggin' :D roommates take one of my bikes out (without my permission while I'm in class or something) for ice cream and have it ganked from under him/her. How are most of you dealing w/ roommates and your bike(s)?
Under the bed and locked. I'd also buy a cheapo bike for commuting. Make sure the roommates know it is not ok to use your bike. I have my own room so it is easy enough, but I think most roommates would respect your needs.

The Ito

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
Speaking of roommates, I'm a bit worried about moving to a big city (Steamboat is only 7K in pop) for school w/ all my bikes. I have 4 of them, and they're all over $3K each. I'd hate to have my friggin' roommates take one of my bikes out (without my permission while I'm in class or something) for ice cream and have it ganked from under him/her. How are most of you dealing w/ roommates and your bike(s)?
I had a situation with this during CX season last fall. I loaned a neighbor of mine my wheels from my race bike, but figured it would be easier for him to just roll the bike over to his place than to have me hang on to it with no wheels. Soo... no worries. Until someone asks me why I loaned this other guy my bike. I was confused, I loaned my wheels out, not the bike. Turns out, our mutual friend and teammate saw my bike, decided it would be nice to try a CX race (2 or 3 actually) and that it would be more fun on my cross bike than his MTB. I was a bit pissed, and even more so when my buddy decided there was nothing wrong with it. Some people... It's no worries in the long run though, just lay down some ground rules. Make everyone clear that anything lost, broken, stolen or pissed on by a bum on the corner is their responsibility. Then you should have no problems.

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
Yeah
My sister left my bike in a ditch a few years agop 'cos she didn't want to ride it back up the hill.
It got stolen.
She won't admit it to this day!