Quantcast

My bike is finally COMPLETE!!! (pic)

Kiltim

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Okinawa, Japan
After over a month of waiting for my frame to arrive from Punkassean (I live in Japan at FPO AP address and he accidently sent it Parcel Post... no biggie) I finally completed my new (to me) ride. Specs as follows:

Frame: Kona Bear Dee-Lux w/ Fox Float RL
Fork: Manitou Six (beater fork till I can afford a new one)
Wheels: Sun DS-2 (beaters till i can afford new ones)
Tires: Panaracer Fire XC Pro
Brakes: Front- Avid Mech, Rear- Purple Hayes Mag
Shifter/Derailer: SRAM 9, pod and rear derailer
Handlebars: Answer ProTaper Carbon
Crankset: XT w/ RaceFace bash
Stem: Easton Vice

Thanks to Punkassean for the crankset and frame!!! Now I just need to get a new seatpost which I ordered and will be here early next week.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Congrats!! New bikes kick ass!! I've got a Kona Dawg (essentially the same bike) and love it! Post some action pics once she's up and running!!

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
damn, those look like XTR cranks. interesting setup. still looks fun though
go ride it!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
if you are going to do anything real aggressive with that bike fork combo I'd suggest finding a replacement for that Manitou Six ASAP.

Congrats on the new bike! I like the looks of it! :thumb:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Kona's Rock!

I went through many Panaracer Fire's on my CC bike though (They were on sale at Price Point). Pinch flat madness...

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
SkaredShtles said:
You should've built a hardtail. Or better yet, a rigid. :p

-S.S.-
Im with you, but you cant win em all. :D Your trail looked fun where is it?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Pardon my Ny incompetence for not knowing where crusty butt is. I assume its close to where you park your van?

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Why should I cause some tool in one of your Tech weenie mags says I should. I saw that picture of you all cut up cause you cant ride through some rocks. You could never ride with me. Come follow me down Plattekill once I'll send your old ass home in the helicopter

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
The Amish said:
Why should I cause some tool in one of your Tech weenie mags says I should. I saw that picture of you all cut up cause you cant ride through some rocks. You could never ride with me. Come follow me down Plattekill once I'll send your old ass home in the helicopter
No. Because Crusty Butt is the cradle of mt biking...... goddam noobs. :mumble:

And as far as Plattekill - I don't go east of the Mississippi. Except to visit family. And they're in MI. And the riding sucks in MI, so I don't take my bike. :p

-S.S.-

P.S. Go easy on the chest-thumping. It's kind of juvenile....... :D
P.P.S. What's a "Tech weenie mag"? :confused:

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
Sorry, I just have a hard time dealing with people who seem to know everything about Mt. biking except how to actualy stay on the bike. :sneaky: Just kiddin' I crash all the time. You should come east we might be juvenile amatuers but we can still make a mean trail

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
The Amish said:
Sorry, I just have a hard time dealing with people who seem to know everything about Mt. biking except how to actualy stay on the bike. :sneaky: Just kiddin' I crash all the time. You should come east we might be juvenile amatuers but we can still make a mean trail
No way. Those east coast trails frighten me. :eek: :D

-S.S.-

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
The Amish said:
Sorry, I just have a hard time dealing with people who seem to know everything about Mt. biking except how to actualy stay on the bike. :sneaky: Just kiddin' I crash all the time.
It's actually a pretty funny story. I was juggling through a pretty nice little rock garden just before, and came to a few decent sized rocks. I'd cleared a couple by popping the front tire over, then unweighting the back end and "hopping" the back tire over the rock.

Well............ I was just getting forward to hop the back tire when the front tire hit the next vertical rock. I did a friggin endo going *uphill* - the back just kept rising until I got to the point that the front wheeled *backwards* :eek:

That's when I watched the rock come streaking towards my face. Or was it the other way around? :think:

I'm pretty sure that's the worst crash I've ever had on a mountain bike. :thumb: I was certain I'd get up spitting teeth, but got away with just a split lip and some sore teeth.

-S.S.-