Quantcast

My Bike Rebuild (BMX)

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Hello I am currently fixing/rebuilding my 06' Dk Step up. It's not in very good condition right now, but it's still my baby. It's still ride-able, but I wanna modify and rebuild it. My bike was once left over my cousin's house, and left out in the rain for day's, I was so mad at this. So now it's sorta in bad condition and has some rust, not much though. And the other day I snapped my gyro cable. :disgust: so there's thing's i need to restore etc.

I plan on getting:

-New Gyro
-Whole new paint job (this will be done professionally from a friend)
-New Grip's
-New smaller front chain sproket
-Almost all new bolt's,chain,brake leaver,axle nut's, not sure about a new crank it just need's to be tightned/tuned.
-That's about it for now.

(Note: There will be pic's, but cant be posted till sunday because of my lost camera cord lol.)

Just need some idea's on what part's and when else should mabey be done to my bike. Thank You.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
new cromo frame, cromo fork, cromo bars, and alloy seatpost. everything that comes stock on that bike is high-tensile steel (heavy). The frame only has one tube made of cromo (downtube), all other tubes are hi-ten steel.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Well, i just got my sproket, and it's put in. It really make's a huge difference. Only thing that's bad is I now needed a smaller chain, so i have to loose the break pad's. But other than that it's all starting to come along. Even though it was a pain to put on in the freezing cold.

Pic's coming soon, I hope.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
No I didn't change the rear, but I plan to. But i came from a 43T chain wheel and now i'm a 35 I belive. But it made a big difference to me from that big of a change. The only thing I dont like about it is the color it is.

Pic's still coming soon.

Dec 3, 2006
WB
if you dropped your gearing that much you should be spinning like crazy. you'll need to replace your freewheel with a smaller gearing.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Wow, the freewheel on it is about a 15 or 16. What size would be best?

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Are you talking about the wheel light's? Yea I don't know why I put them up there, i think it's because I lost my stock gas cap's. Or you talking about the reflector's om the the pedal's? I think that's the only one that's left lol. I also plan on getting some blue eastern pedal's to match the sproket.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
I think I want a single brake cable as well, i'm getting tired of my gryo.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
I'm giving my bike to my friend's dad to get it painted on Monday. I hope it come's out good lol.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Yes, I kinda get carried away with them lol. Trying to get away from the "slang" typing lol.

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
I should have my bike by Friday, kinda hard going without riding for a few days =\

tjc

Chimp
Aug 24, 2006
Well the paint was cancelled, but I managed to get new brakes, and pedals. pics coming soon.