Quantcast

my bike,

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
so here it is, finished it a few days ago at ubi.
Geo.
HA:71
SA: 72
BB drop: 36mm
chainstays:16 inch
sliding dropouts,
frame wieght:4.5lbs
its realllly light, and super fun to ride on my trails.
enjoy:cheers::cheers::cheers:
and yes i know the seat and post looks retarded, but the new pivitol setup is in the mail

Windowlicker

Monkey
Dec 27, 2007
Santa Cruz
the dropouts look really nice. remind me of the last raffinux or whatever because of the built in tensioner.
really nice looking bike great job!

FR4life.

Monkey
Nov 2, 2004
The Bay
Slam that wheel! The chainstays do seem a bit long, but hey its personal preference right. Dropouts do look super nice though, def my favorite part of the bike. Nice work! Now post some action pics!

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
i need a narrower tire to slam it, the tire rubs the seattube otherwise, and to be more specific on the chainstay measurement, its from the back of the bb shell to the center of the axel on the wheel when the wheel is as far out as it can go. so it kinda looks long in a picture but, is 16 really that long?? so if i was able to slam it the chainstays would be somewhere around 15"

Last edited:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
A pivotal will clean that up nicely.

Am I the only one that thinks the dropouts are a bit weird? What is puzzling is the brace on the brake side rear end. Normally the brace is there to help support braking forces. But since the caliper is on an extended dropout, the forces are really transferred to the spot where the dropout piece meets the frame (where the bolts are). That just seems weird.
Not bad, just different...

basikbiker

Monkey
Jun 15, 2006
Northern Cali
that brace, yeah when they were teaching the brake bridge stuff, i figured id participate, yeah its not really needed but it doesnt hurt., frame wieght is 4.5 pounds, and if enough people were interested id make more, im just lookin for feedback really.