Quantcast

My bikes are ready for the summer! Are yours?

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
A bit of work and some new parts and they are ready to go. After getting the z150 from Trailhacker yesterda, I went for a ride on the stinky and it felt weird after riding the trek for the last two months or so it seems. The new 8" rotors on the stinky do a great job at stopping me, I was amazed. My back wheel on my stinky is all beat up from last year, but it'll hold for a while. The z150 is great! I'll probably start doing videos again soon.
Are your bikes ready? :cool:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Mine are ready! Well, I need to replace the front derailleur cable on bike A. And I need to change the saddle and seatpost on bike B (both new parts are sitting in my garage).

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
XC bike is ready. DH bike is ready. Trailbike is going in today to have a broken spoke replaced, both wheels trued, new shifter cables installed and a new crankset/BB installed. Then...I'll be all ready!! :)

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
I finally got both of mine working well...wheels probably need some work, but they're shifting and braking, and not rattling... Although every pedal I own (and I have many, many sets) squeals like a pig under standing pedalling, and most clunk alarmingly as well.

MD

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Between masterCard, VISA and my LBS's "90 Days Same As Cash" all my bikes are ready. :thumb:

Anyhow DWAUGH, sorry I missed you at Ski to Sea, I ended up not going to the mtb staging area, maybe next year. I also happened to stumble past the parking area for Galbriath (my teammate lives about 2 miles from there) - so now I know where it is without Skookum. ;)

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Serial Midget said:
I also happened to stumble past the parking area for Galbriath (my teammate lives about 2 miles from there) - so now I know where it is without Skookum. ;)
Cool, let's go sometime. I'm always ready. I know this one trail that skookum really hates.... :p Everyone does.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
XC bike has a bent middle ring as of last weekend and a chris king headset on the shelf to insall. So it was ready now it will be ready by the weekend.

The DOC is getting the FSA pig headset off of the XC bike, along with most likely a PIKE front fork and that should be ready to take to snowshoe next weekend. So i am sort of there...

Darkreaper

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Away in the head
Hardtail has a broken front derailleur that has been jury-rigged back into service, two bent chainrings, and a worn chain.

I think it'll be taking a back seat for a while, getting a Whyte full susser to build up that will be ready in a week :D

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
sanjuro said:
Some people ride year around...
If I hadn't been beating the **** out of them all winter, I wouldn't need to prep them for summer... :D

Jayridesacove

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2004
Falls Church, VA
My Bullit has been ready and ridden since last month.

My Chase needs a headtube reducer so I can put my planet x rigid fork on it. I also need to order a pawl retaining spring for the rear hayes/dt hub as I've worn out the one on there.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
I thought they were.. all except for the single-spped .. I just can't put that thing down... but i broke a spoke oon my hardtail.. so now I have to find my damn stand!!!

I think my new bike will be here tommorow.. then I have time to fix all of them while i ride the new one for a few weeks!!!!!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
My redline 360 has a bent crank. I need to find some one strong.

My level betty is cracked on the downtube near the weld that conects it to the HT. Its also cracked at the front shock mount. It is at Cambria now the parts are being put on a MC rumble. I am getting new cranks and a drs guide. I need a d-321 wheel w/ a covertble 20mm-sqeuwer hub so I can use my DJ 2 fork and later have super t to use also .WHo makes these? I know atomlab does.

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
My XC bike is running great and I'm loving it with the great weather Rochester has been having.
My slightly more agressive hardtail decided to have a wheel dump and I lost both of my hubs on the same ride. I built my new rear wheel last night, but I'm still waiting for parts to do the front. Singletracks laced to a Hope Bulb in the back and generic 20mm up front.
The rear wheel with 2.35 Blinb Bling feels lighter than my old Dimension/Halo. I'm pumped.

mtnbrider said:
I need a d-321 wheel w/ a covertble 20mm-sqeuwer hub so I can use my DJ 2 fork and later have super t to use also .WHo makes these? I know atomlab does.
Bombshell has them aswell. Their front hubs are just as good as any, but the rear are questionable in my book. Hope Bulbs can be had with a 20mm conversion, as can Woodman. There's a lot of options.

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Changleen said:
Are you just shocked that there's a bike-related thread in the lounge or something? Or did you just forget it's turning to summer in the northern hemisphere?

MD

Edit: Oh, I think I see...it's just shock induced by the mangling of the English language...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that mangling wasn't even that bad...

anyway my bikes are a mixed bag:

• the road bike is as trouble-free as always. i'm impressed that the rolf rims are still true since i've taken to bunnyhopping off the lip of any incline in the sidewalk on my commute.
  • the xc rig is in shape since i've been riding every once in a while through the winter.
  • the evil is a mess since i can't keep the avid mechs from rubbing incessantly but otherwise there's not too much that can go wrong with a rigid single speed. :thumb:
  • the canfield is at supergo ( :devil: -- see this thread) for its leaky hayes to get new pistons and rebleeds, and for a professional opinion on whether its rims can make it through another season. the wheelset was inherited from lance canfield and i put some solid whistler time on it last year, to give you an idea of its current condition... :dead:

MikeD

Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Toshi said:
that mangling wasn't even that bad...
mtnbrider said:
My redline 360 has a bent crank. I need to find some one strong.

My level betty is cracked on the downtube near the weld that conects it to the HT. Its also cracked at the front shock mount. It is at Cambria now the parts are being put on a MC rumble. I am getting new cranks and a drs guide. I need a d-321 wheel w/ a covertble 20mm-sqeuwer hub so I can use my DJ 2 fork and later have super t to use also .WHo makes these? I know atomlab does.
I truly beg to differ on that one, Toshi... "sqeuwer??" That's just the icing on that cake...

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
MikeD said:
I truly beg to differ on that one, Toshi... "sqeuwer??" That's just the icing on that cake...
par for the course...