Quantcast

my bikes got wings(pics)

jd9483

Chimp
Oct 5, 2007
this brings me to a question ive had for a few days now... how wide are yall's bars? I think bmx bars are around 25 inches? what would be good size for 26" bikes if i want to bar spin?

DUKESofTAH0E

Monkey
Mar 27, 2006
northstar
our nempro bars start at 28" giving the rider the choice what size to run. i run full width on my trail/ slalom bike as well as full width on my DH bike. for my jump bike i cut them down to 26.5" and can x-up, barspin, and turn down better then i could with 25" bars i used to run. it all really comes down to rider prefference and what you like. thats why you start out only cutting a 1/2" off at a time till you find the width tht fits you best.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
what ever feels comfortable. i can x up my stock nem pro folsoms if i move my hands in and i can bar spin the living **** out them with ease. its all personal preferance. i love the wide bars, makes riding so much more enjoyable and makes 3's off 4 3/4 foot drops a sinch (sick film sesh today)

BikeSATORI

Monkey
Apr 13, 2007
one world...
yeah, guy marsh has been running wide-glides for seasons now. The new Tonic Fab Alltime bars are going to be wide as shift too. look'em up. The entire PNW scene is where these super steer horns have been coming from, mostly BMX. Look at the S&M grand slams, the new fit bars, the ODSY lumberjacks, the sunday triumph, etc. etc. etc.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I thought the folsom prison bars were like 29-30". Yea 28" bars in the bmx scene is a long time running.

jd9483

Chimp
Oct 5, 2007
i just cut mine down to 25" and they feel awesome now. I use to ride trials (guess i still do a bit), and i had huge bars then, but it just felt goofy on my new rig.
ps sorry for jacking the thread.