Quantcast

My birthday came early!

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
So I've been doing bike work for my friend for the last month getting his V10 dialed in. I didn't ask for any cash (which I usually do) and just wanted to get him set up.

Well...last night he gave me a monster sound system:p The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out:p I'm pumped to have some good sound in my apartment. Its a 3 disc changer and has Dolby 3.1, not that impressive from an audiophile perspective, but a big step up from the blown boom box I had.

On top of that I sold my freeride bike (finally) My neighbor came over with a wad of cash and bought my SGS. I gave him a really good deal, because I'm moving on towards a much lighter trail bike.

What a freakin cool day:)

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
good on ya man !! that is a good mate ya got there...

i like hookin good people up... i usually work on friends bikes for free... i don t know how much longer that ll continue tho' :)

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
Zark said:
So I've been doing bike work for my friend for the last month getting his V10 dialed in. I didn't ask for any cash (which I usually do) and just wanted to get him set up.

Well...last night he gave me a monster sound system:p The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out:p I'm pumped to have some good sound in my apartment. Its a 3 disc changer and has Dolby 3.1, not that impressive from an audiophile perspective, but a big step up from the blown boom box I had.

On top of that I sold my freeride bike (finally) My neighbor came over with a wad of cash and bought my SGS. I gave him a really good deal, because I'm moving on towards a much lighter trail bike.

What a freakin cool day:)
so wait a tick. you sold the sgs AND the freeride bike? is your freeride bike your m1?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Very nice. Isn't it awesome when you help someone out and they go out of their way to make sure you know they appreciate it?

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
lovebunny said:
so wait a tick. you sold the sgs AND the freeride bike? is your freeride bike your m1?
The SGS was my freeride bike T.J.
I guess the the M1 is my freeride bike now, but its more a race-hucker bike:blah:

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Zark said:
Well...last night he gave me a monster sound system:p The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out:p I'm pumped to have some good sound in my apartment.
nothing's more annoying than being woken up by bass. please think of your neighbors.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
the Inbred said:
nothing's more annoying than being woken up by bass. please think of your neighbors.
Boy, you are a fun one aren't you?:rolleyes:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Cool! Now you have money for a new pulaski, a shovel, some beer for me, and some garlic! :thumb: Well done!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
i am if you're an annoying loud one.:rolleyes:
Hmm... If you post a picture of your new bike, would you expect someone to leap into the thread and say, "There is nothing more annoying than someone riding their bike recklessly around me when I'm walking! Please, think of the pedestrians!"

You don't think that sounds a little bit obnoxious? The implicit assumption is that he is unable to judge for himself what is or isn't going to disturb the neighbors. How do you even know what his living situation is?

Not trying to kill the thread, I just found it funny - you could assume that any new toy could be put to negative use.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
did your binary vision miss - "monster sound system...The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out...in my apartment"

in an apartment? surely you have lived in an apartment before, BV.

if someone posts about a new bike and says "this ****er hauls ass down sidewalks" then yes, i would say "stop riding on sidewalks, it's annoying as hell." sorry, man, i've spent the past 3yrs living in apartments next to/ near people with monster sound systems.

oddly enough, lately it's been the lady downstairs screaming bloody murder in chinese/ japanese/ korean that keeps me up at night, or wakes me up at 6am on the weekends.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
the Inbred said:
did your binary vision miss - "monster sound system...The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out"

if someone posts about a new bike and says "this ****er hauls ass down sidewalks" then yes, i would say "stop riding on sidewalks, it's annoying as hell."
Aw you're just being an old lady.

Zark, CRANK IT UP DUUUUUUDE!!!!!! YEAH!!! METAL!!!!!!!!!

Hey, you only have to turn it down after 10pm. :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
the Inbred said:
did your binary vision miss - "monster sound system...The subwoofer kicks so hard it makes my tv image freak out...in my apartment"

I sure have, and I've got the world's most annoying neighbor upstairs so I understand what it's like to be woken up, too.

He didn't say, "The subwoofer is awesome for listening to death metal at midnight!"

And, as I said, there are lots of different living situations in apartment complexes. One of my friends lived in this big brick dorm-style apartment building and the walls & floors were so thick in this building that his speakers with dual 16" woofers barely made a noise in the other apartments.

...this is a pretty silly conversation, wouldn't you agree? :p

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
mtnbrider said:
Thats really cool... Any idea what bike you want, zark?
Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Expert:drool: Its on order, should be in soon.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
partsbara said:
my neighbours love it when i crank my 2*12" 100W guitar combo amp up to 8 or 9...
I wasn't going to mention my guitar amp, but an all tube 100w 4X12 makes my home stereo seem like a walkman:p

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
see, right now is not the time to have a ****in' party and rock out. i can't wait till this ****stick is preparing for the CPA exam. i'll introduce him to my little speakers....