Quantcast

my bmx bike

max123

Monkey
Oct 18, 2006
Before I get my new/first bmx I want to get some opinions. I am coming from riding a MOB.
pics of my color scheme(the rear wheel is supposed to be chrome)

S&M laf custom paint 20.75 seatstay brake mts
S&M pitch xlt
primo balance cassette rear wheel
animal asm and glh tires
animal hamilton pedals
edwin grips
08 deity cranks + sprocket
animal pivotal post
animal strip pivotal seat
animal jump off stem
brake?
bars?(something like 26.5" wide) my friend has macneil lighter bars that I like the feel of
front wheel?(around $100)
headset?

comments, advice, anything will help
-Max

organizedrage

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
Dublin, CA
Not to sure about the front wheel. I could probably taco that really easily, and if I were you I would go with a minimum of 36 spoke.

Brakes: Dia Tech Hombre's are real cheap and work great.
Headset: is it integrated?
Bars: Im gonna have to be true to the Terrible 1 bars.

*Get rid of the ASM tire! They suck! I recommend the Maxxis Miracle

Jul 4, 2007
bay, killafornia
i know guys who rock the asm and have nothing but good things to say about them, look into the fit flow wheelset thats what im most likely gonna throw on my bike as soon as the money comes around everything else looks pretty solid

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I second Mack's claim. I've been running my asm for atleast 6mo and love it. I run glh up front and it's been the best combo. I even ran her at the trails and yea I had to ride a straight line but no looping out on landings. wallrides banging too

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
Odyssey's M7 front wheel is real nice. I'd look into that.

As for cranks, I'd run Odysseys. My 41 Thermal 3 pieces have treated me real well. The Wombolts seem like they're worth a shot.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
Oh, for the forks, Odyssey's classic Race forks are a tad cheaper than S&Ms, I think, and probably a tad lighter. If you want to go even lighter, consider their Director fork.