Quantcast

My Boy and a Water Rocket

splat

Nam I am
My son picked up one of those water rockets , the type you fill halfway full of water then pump air into them and then release it . he was having great fun so I decided to try my hand at getting a shot of the launch

the rocket ready to go

3 .... 2 ... 1

Too late , but you can see the trail of water

next attempt , not much better

3rd times a Charm !

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I traveled the hood at that age with a Daisy BB gun, and nothing ever broke but some windows, street lights and skin.
I had a Daisy and later upgraded to a Crossman.

That, along with a wrist rocket and some ball bearings and we were the bane of many a city maintenance crew.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I had a Daisy and later upgraded to a Crossman.

That, along with a wrist rocket and some ball bearings and we were the bane of many a city maintenance crew.
I preferred the BB gun, I was a horrible shot with the sling shot. Many birds met their end when they landed in our yard :) I used to "hunt" from my second story bedroom window....had to make sure to pick up the birds so the parents didn't get upset

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I didn't hunt with mine, just broke things.

Though I found out I was an awesome shot with the wrist rocket when I picked it up for the first time and accidentally killed a pigeon that I didn't think I'd actually hit...

ultraNoob

Yoshinoya Destroyer
Jan 20, 2007
Hills of Paradise
I was too poor to have a fancy surgical tubing wrist rocket. I had a small rope, some fabric, and the nearest pebble. Got pretty accurate with it. Birds and small animals had no chance within 20 yards. Windows and bullies were also usually within my range.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
I preferred the BB gun, I was a horrible shot with the sling shot. Many birds met their end when they landed in our yard :) I used to "hunt" from my second story bedroom window....had to make sure to pick up the birds so the parents didn't get upset

Reactor

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2005
Chandler, AZ, USA
Here's my girl and her rocket:

Notice the small puff of smoke neat the tail, it's the squib going off.

And the launch:

You can just see the blurred fins on the upper edge of the frame