Quantcast

My brand new Specialzied SX Trail 2

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
Hey, so i took some new pictures, alot better now.

And the styro foam fork guards are going those are temps till i cut some grips up tomorow.

And still to come...

Headset - Blue Chris King No Thread Set
Hub Set - Chris King ISO Disc Hubset
Rims - Mavic 823 EX Tubeless disc
Grips - Odi Lock On Ruffian
Saddle - Odyssey MX Saddle
Bars - Some Nice FR Carbons
Seat Post - Thomson Elite
GOING TUBELESS

So rate if you want... dont judge on pic quality please

(upgrades sofar from stock)
-fork- Fox 36 Vanila R, to 03 Dorado DH
-tires- Specialzied Chunders, to Michinline 16 26x2.35 Tubeless
Stem - Truvatic Holzfeller 40mm, to Race Face Diabolus 70mm OS

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
thumbs up on build. i was thinking about getting one of those but figured dh was my thing. one trip to windrock changed my mind. ohh and i dont know if youve checked or not but you might want to check your warrenty to see if a dc voids it or not. if not awsome if so then i suggest a 66 or a travis to solve travel issues and warrenty issues. just a thought. oh well awsome build man get us some ridding pics. :thumb:

SXtrailrider

Turbo Monkey
Aug 27, 2005
wow i was thinking about buying that frame but i don't diserve it yet, that bike can handle everything. tell me how it rides on some trails and pedaling and stuff

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
everyhting is perfection...
urban, trails, trials, fr, DH, 4by, single track... pedaling, it does it all. it is truly a bike that get you up the trail, and you can LITERALY give it hell on the way down. perfect exapmple

Mutilatedjak

Chimp
Nov 25, 2004
hey, get a comp 24 tire on your rear, those 16's dont handle well if it is slightly wet to dry. they are tubless too. On hardpack fireroad or singletrack, the 16's float all over the place, the rear end feels squirmy, just my 2 cents. Oh, and id definetly recomend a zocchi 66. Just my 2 cents, rig looks good man

HUMMEr

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
sweet bike....love the manitou.
I have been tubeless for 4 years. I am running XM 819 disc on american classics. The hubs suck but the rims are sweet. Swapping tires is a breeze without ther stan's rim strip/valve crap screwing up. Just extract the tire whipe the rim and put on the new tire and sealant. Ten minutes tops.
The old method was to clean the sealant off the rim strips....1/2 hour. Install tire and sealant and inflate...another 1/2 hour and maybe it would take after lying on either side for an hour each.
having a UST rim and stans with a UST tire is dope.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
Monkeybidnezz said:
Nice build, I agree with the 66 suggestions...why the dorado for that kind of bike?
Good question.

Does the Dorado not void your warranty on that frame? A 66 or Fox 36 would be PERFECT for that frame. Didn't you post that you have a 36 for that bike?

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
skateokil no one is whinning, were just questioning why you would put a dc on a trail bike that might not been designed for a dc fork and might not be able to handle the extra preassure that a dual crown puts on the head tube. if you brake it off and it wasnt made for it then warranty wont cover the brake. which means you buying a new frame instead of specialized. just a thought. but if its coverd then its all good if not then i say get ride of the dorado and replace it with a 66.

bikenweed

Turbo Monkey
Oct 21, 2004
Los Osos
Sweet bike. Stick with the Dorado. Anything single crown will make you go running back to the Dorado. Just be VERY careful, as the rest of the frame is not as strong as the head tube junction, and you CAN break other stuff. A DC is not recomended because you will go faster with the extra control/confidence, and put a lot more stress on the rest of the frame. But it's probably the coolest bike in the world, so rock it and love it!

trailblazer

Monkey
May 2, 2005
Jamaica
that is one sweet ride and I love the manitou...i was justthinking how sweet a fox would feel mated to the rear. The dorado has major pimp factor.

VDfree

Monkey
Feb 18, 2005
germantown
there is a reason they didn't make a new dorado for 06. That bike would def. be better with the 36 Van. Even better would be the talus because of it's travel adjustment capabilities...then this would be the perfect bike for everything.

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
thats my dream bike right there. just with an 06 66rc2x, that frame and some raceface diabolous stuff. but that a killer bike.

rpk1988

Dec 6, 2004
Maryland
VDfree said:
there is a reason they didn't make a new dorado for 06. That bike would def. be better with the 36 Van. Even better would be the talus because of it's travel adjustment capabilities...then this would be the perfect bike for everything.
Why did they stop making the Dorado?

olie

Chimp
Nov 7, 2004
Newcastle, Uk
hey, amazing bike mate, thinking of selling my DH-9 for one tbh. The UK needs no more than 7" of travel, what does it ride like with a Dorado up front as i own a set? How would a 7/8" travis be like on it for a possible upgrade. Any chance of a weight? Would you recomend this bike for DH, will it cope? and, last but not least, a first impression review would be much appreciated! sorry for all the q's but at £1200 ($2125) i would like to know what I'm buying into.
cheers mate
Olie

Mr. Furious

Monkey
Jul 23, 2002
Vancouver, BC
That is an outstanding setup -- although I'd probably throw a Boxxer WC on the front rather than the Dorado, but that's just personal preference.

Are you able to flip around the linkage plates or that little interface chip between the shock and the front triangle to change the geometry?

I ride an '04 SX and used it for DH, so the '06 will be perfect

pbr

Chimp
Aug 18, 2003
San Francisco
nice ride- I have an 05 Demo 8 and liked it so much I got an 05 enduro Pro to match it. Now I'm just bummed because I'm injured and won't be able to ride them for at least another month. the only thing I want to change is the shocks. I would love to have dhx shocks on both of them.. oh well.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
clandestine said:
question, since that bike can support a dorado
can it comfortable support a Shiver DC 03 if i were to get one
Umm, I doubt it. Those bikes really aren't designed for DC's at all. I believe it voids the warranty.

p3rider182

Chimp
Nov 15, 2004
it dont void no warrenty, any ways i have spec kissing my feel right now, cause the rear hub just crack all the way aorund the inside, so there freakin out and giving me cash, and the rep came in and looked at it and said its a sweet bike with a dorado

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
WKC said:
Umm, I doubt it. Those bikes really aren't designed for DC's at all. I believe it voids the warranty.
I believe the Enduro frame is designed to accept single OR dual crown forks up to 170mm travel. They do have a cobra headtube similar to the Demo's but only a smidge less beefy.

Sweet ride, I do like the Dorado however I don't really think it's an "upgrade" over the 36 Van RC2. Yes it costs more but it isn't really any better in any way considering all it has to offer is 10mm more travel but you also gain weight and lose the tw0-stage compression and single crown versatility. But it's your bike and you are stoked so enjoy!!! I know I love my Enduro, these bikes are so sick it's retarded. They really can do it all well.