Quantcast

My Capital

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Finished building my new ridecycle. These seem to be all over the place in Europe, but my Capital is the only one I know of here in Brooklyn.
Front is a bit low for my liking, like 3-4" lower then what I'm used to, getting some 3.5" Yowelli ODB bars.
Keeping my 70mm 4x around, just in case.

frame :09 NS Capital 2
forks :09 RNS 2
front wheel :Rhynolite XL
rear wheel :Rhynolite XL
front tire :Schwalbe Tabletop
rear tire :Tioga Powerblock
brakes :Avid Single
hubs :NS Rotary + Coalition
stem :Blkmrkt
bars :Blkmrkt
headset :Animal
cranks : Profile
sprocket :Tree Splined 25t
chain :KMC 710sl
pedals : Odyssey PC
seat :Odyssey Aitken
seatpost :Thomson Elite

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
nice ride Vas. It looks light.
guess you won't be riding it today though.

get some steel bars before you kill yourself!

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
nice ride Vas. It looks light.
guess you won't be riding it today though.

get some steel bars before you kill yourself!
i dont know if i'd call lil under 23lbs light, but you know, gotta work with what you got :weee:

steel bars, yes, thats what they say, Andrew told me i dont need them, and he's a pro! :)

Fool

The Thing cannot be described
Sep 10, 2001
Brooklyn
i dont know if i'd call lil under 23lbs light, but you know, gotta work with what you got
Do more pushups.

steel bars, yes, thats what they say, Andrew told me i dont need them, and he's a pro! :)
I do not recall making such a bold statement. Also, how could I possibly be pro when my bike is substandard and behind the times?

Nice bike. Just in time for the snowclear holocaust.

Last edited:

WhoRyder

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2007
NYC
wow 23lbs is crazy light.... very nice... are you going to keep that Rid. on the front or eventually get a suspension fork?

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Do more pushups.

I do not recall making such a bold statement. Also, how could I possibly be pro when my bike is substandard and behind the times?

Nice bike. Just in time for the snowclear holocaust.
you, like, totally said that since i'm not doing roof drops i should be ok w alum bars - not that it matters since they are temp - they are waaaay too low.

yea, i knew it would be light, but 23 is just silly. i'm keeping my rad Marz 4x around for now. We'll see how rigid treats me.

Last edited:

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
ayyye i likes. tonic tri-state chapter will miss you. you'll be lost in the sea of caps on street steeze :)

front looks low but fun for street trickery. enjoy.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
ayyye i likes. tonic tri-state chapter will miss you. you'll be lost in the sea of caps on street steeze :)
haha
well, never say never. i might become a tonic member once again one day - or maybe ya'll will copy cat me and get a NS just like you did with Tonic ;)
its true, judging by street-steeze and the such, everyone got a NS... but i've only see one in person my whole life in this lil town.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
That was the frame I originally wanted.... TT is just a hair short for me though.

Looks super nice, that thing will be a blast to ride. I'm loving being back on 24s.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
Nice ride! Why the change from the Tonic, just mixing things up?
Yea, just changing things up a bit. Always been a fan of NS and their Polish ways. Seems like everyone got all these fun and fresh new bikes and parts, I want to be cool too!!
Still have the fallguy, its just taking a little rest as i'm deciding its fate.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
BTI appears to have some more Capitals in stock. Does the "2.1" version appear to be different from yours?

Maybe the u-brakes and 110 spacing? A LOT LIKE A UNION STREET MOLLY.

http://www.bti-usa.com/public/category/BK/FRFR/NS/NS1431?page=1#NS1431

NS Bikes Capital-2.1 frame, 11.8" - black

bottom bracket: Spanish
size: 11.8"
seat angle: 75 deg
front derail: n/a
chainstay: 14.35"
top tube: 21.5" (actual)
seatpost: 27.2mm
headset: 1-1/8" Integrated
color: black
head angle: 72.5 deg

The 2.1 takes the Capital-2 to a new level in 24" street design with 110mm rear axle spacing, a super low integrated pivotal saddle mount, modified seatstays and a removeable U-brake mount

Based on the lightweight, premium Majesty 4130 CrMo butted steel frame with special offset butted downtube and no external gussets

Tested by NS and found to be their strongest frame ever due to a unique post welding heat treament process

Actual top tube 21.5", effective top tube 22.5"

Peg compatible horizontal dropouts, geometry allows double pegging on a 430mm axle-to-crown fork

For use with 80-120mm travel forks, 24" wheels, Spanish BB, integrated headset. 4.8 lbs

nwd_26

Monkey
Nov 29, 2007
Toronto, Onterrible
Pictured is the 2010 Capital, which features among other things a weight reduction and integrated pivotal post. I believe the Cap has had BMX spacing from the start.

Speaking of the 2010 Cap, if anyone has one they want to trade for an NS Majesty...

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
yep yep.
mine is a 09.
the 10 version has u brakes and integrated seatpost.
i dont think its lighter, its actualy the same + the seatpost, but i might be wrong.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
updated pics, with yowelli bars on and a seat from my 20" - while my eclat complex is on its way to me.
still gotta chop the steerer tube. gsport ratchet on its way, my hub is shot.

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
<3 NS bikes i got a Holy Black and its peng apart from the crappy kendas, sorry if you like them, but they are about as useful as a 29" mountain bike, and as redundant as one.

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
yep yep, i like my NS so far. fun bike.

as far as what tires i'm running, check the first post in the thread for complete specs. i did not lie one bit! :)

v-digit

Turbo Monkey
Apr 3, 2006
Brooklyn, NY
tioga! gZus, whats the puncture/snakebit protection on that... its pretty base line on this side of the pond that bargain bikes run tiogas.
well, i have a spare schwalbe tabletop, just like the one on the front, and also a set of KHE Mac2's - just waiting for their time.... are those un-bargain enough for ya?

that poweblock tire is mighty sweet, i like it, nothing baseline about it. as much as i love the weight of KHEs, it just seems to attract tiny pieces of glass to it like u wont believe.

def post up your NS. why not....

NSBikesRider

Chimp
Mar 3, 2010
Nottingham
yhh ima have to putm it up, buth theres a couple of stuff i need to sort out, like whether to run pegs, or not? and also my blackberry is USELESS at taking photographs on a screen thats bigger than its own, lovely res on the bb's screen, not so lovely on a blown up telly screen, thats right, im such a f4g that i run my pc on my telly.

yhh ima have to buy some fancy-pants coloured nuts, for the fork, and also im OBSESSED with keeping it slean and scratch free, its unreal how sad i am, ill ride it for a bit, then the next day, when the wathers crap(brittish) ill spend AT LEAST 2 hoursl cleaning and general maintenance.

i used dashboard cleaner (whats a dashboard in the US?) and got a little but in the rear rim, where im running my brake, and its not as sharp as it used to be :( buuuuutt its ok cuz itll burn off, and does anyone know whats the biggest tyre size thatll fit on a v-brake, like inside it, cuz i got 24X2.3 and i got a lil bit of clearence but dmr make a nadass tyre (the moto R/T) that pwnnns but its like 24X2.5 so i donno, Halo make a badass tyre that i wanna put on the front, but its pink, so i dont think itll got with the whole hot rod style of my bike, which is pinstriped logos and whatnot and also blue and blackness so yh any tips would be useful.

BeerMe

Monkey
Apr 18, 2008
FOCO NOCO
(whats a dashboard in the US?)
Its what you use to paddle your mrs. before a shag...

But actually its the entire area where your steering wheel, gauge cluster, stereo, glovebox, heater/ac, and some vents are typically located.
I don't understand how the U.S. invented the automobile but the terms used to describe their parts aren't the same everywhere.
"A dashboard? Bollox. That's a dingle banger from now on."