Quantcast

My car almost got into a big accident

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Driving down the highway, plenty of traffic but keeping a 70mph pace. A wheel comes from the right lane and across 3 lanes into mine. It looked like the wheel came off a car and was rolling at 50mph.

Luckily everyone slowed down and the wheel went into the shoulder. Couldn't figure out what happened in the right lane though.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn, that sucks, I wonder what happened to the car it came off of :eek:

Glad to hear everything is OK, by the way you worded the title of your thread, I figured your car was driving without you :)

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I almost hit a christmas tree the other night... I came around a corner and there was a tree in a plastic bag that was billowing across the freeway offramp.

I have also had semi's shred their tires in front of me although I have never been hit with a big piece of rubber.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Tenchiro said:
I almost hit a christmas tree the other night... I came around a corner and there was a tree in a plastic bag that was billowing across the freeway offramp.

I have also had semi's shred their tires in front of me although I have never been hit with a big piece of rubber.
I've been hit by a tossed retread. Scared the crap out of me. Whenever possibly I pass Semis at full throttle.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
Westy said:
I've been hit by a tossed retread. Scared the crap out of me. Whenever possibly I pass Semis at full throttle.
I like to chill next to the tires and look at them, hoping a piece will hit me in the face and kill me

but i hate it when people sit in the back corner or teh semi, not passing them when they have miles of room

and on a 2 lane freeway

WTFffffffffff

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
BigMike said:
Damn, that sucks, I wonder what happened to the car it came off of :eek:

Glad to hear everything is OK, by the way you worded the title of your thread, I figured your car was driving without you :)
I just wrote it like that because the My Car Got Towed thread.

Growing up in NYC, my father would listen to the news station while driving, because at the time it was the only source for traffic reports. So one word I have learned to hate is "Rubbernecking".

I don't know if it was a truck or not. I did see a wheel and the tire was relatively small, so I think it was a car. But I wasn't going to look and slam into the back of another car.