Quantcast

my car got hit last night...

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
so i'm walking to my car, when i overhear some guy on the phone in the parking lot talking about his car getting broken into. then i realize that i was the BIGGEST idiot for leaving my brand new JUST boughten bmx in my car (with enough finaggling, i can fit it into the trunk)

get there and sure enough, passenger door damaged, schit strewn everywhere, bmx GONE.

i'm getting ready to launch into the biggest fit a 5-yo has ever seen when i walk around to the drivers side and there....resting against the wall...is the bike!!!

UNBELIEVABLE! they took my cd player and all my cds...took the bike out of the car...then left the bike there!

this is a truly amazing thing and in light of all the bike theft and recent negativity on RM, i thought i'd share :D :D :D :D

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
dammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn girl! lucky the bike was still there and thats all that really matters right. it hasnt been a week since ya got the car back!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Megan Black said:
so i'm walking to my car, when i overhear some guy on the phone in the parking lot talking about his car getting broken into. then i realize that i was the BIGGEST idiot for leaving my brand new JUST boughten bmx in my car (with enough finaggling, i can fit it into the trunk)

get there and sure enough, passenger door damaged, schit strewn everywhere, bmx GONE.

i'm getting ready to launch into the biggest fit a 5-yo has ever seen when i walk around to the drivers side and there....resting against the wall...is the bike!!!

UNBELIEVABLE! they took my cd player and all my cds...took the bike out of the car...then left the bike there!

this is a truly amazing thing and in light of all the bike theft and recent negativity on RM, i thought i'd share :D :D :D :D
wow.... thats kinda.... good.... I guess......

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
biggins said:
dammmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn girl! lucky the bike was still there and thats all that really matters right. it hasnt been a week since ya got the car back!
yes, that was really the only thing that mattered.

funny thing is my cd player is broken and the only cds in the car are completely scratched and worthless to me, so pretty much it turned out to be a good excuse for me to get a new cd player!

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Oh and what kind of BMX is it? We are all bike whores here after all. You are not permitted to buy a new bike and not tell us about it :p

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
stosh said:
wow.... thats kinda.... good.... I guess......
yeah, never felt so grateful after having my car broken into before!

just thought it was a rare and special occurrence

Echo said:
Most likely someone showed up and scared them away. Glad you were able to keep your BMX
thanks! i figured that or maybe they didn't have room. i was talking with the other guy in the parking lot and i guess they didn't take his stereo but they did take his basketball from his trunk, WTF???

obviously kids...

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Megan Black said:
yes, that was really the only thing that mattered.

funny thing is my cd player is broken and the only cds in the car are completely scratched and worthless to me, so pretty much it turned out to be a good excuse for me to get a new cd player!

new cd player from insurance or from your pocket book?

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Echo said:
Oh and what kind of BMX is it? We are all bike whores here after all. You are not permitted to buy a new bike and not tell us about it :p
oops! sorry, i didn't mean to be selfish ;) it's a specialized fuse IIIx, not the topest of the line (that fuse IV is sexy i think) but it's good for the just starting factor

biggins said:
new cd player from insurance or from your pocket book?
pocket book, oh well.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Megan Black said:
yeah, never felt so grateful after having my car broken into before!

just thought it was a rare and special occurrence

One time in college I was swimming and some theives went and stole my wallet. So I told security and the security guard comes in pulls it out of the garbage. He goes "oh they always do that". I wasn't sure if I should be pissed at the security guard for not correcting the problem or happy to have my wallet back. Oh I got the wallet back minus the money.

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
stosh said:
One time in college I was swimming and some theives went and stole my wallet. So I told security and the security guard comes in pulls it out of the garbage. He goes "oh they always do that". I wasn't sure if I should be pissed at the security guard for not correcting the problem or happy to have my wallet back. Oh I got the wallet back minus the money.
oh man! yeah, i had mixed emotions too. first i was really happy cause i saw my bike that i thought i lost...but then on the ride into work, everytime i'd reach for the big hole to turn on my non-existant radio, i'd get pissed :angry:

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
oh man! yeah, i had mixed emotions too. first i was really happy cause i saw my bike that i thought i lost...but then on the ride into work, everytime i'd reach for the big hole to turn on my non-existant radio, i'd get pissed :angry:

Julie's radio has a short when I drive her car sometimes and it drives me nuts. I hate silence when I am driving. Meh - I hate silence period.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
stosh said:
One time I went to a beach (at a lake), I was called to the office, soI go over and they handed me my wallet, soaked...........with nothing missing