Quantcast

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
From about 30 yards away I knew my car had been busted into. (pardon the phone pics)

A mess on the ground.

Nothing a little duct tape can't fix?

Glass everywhere.

All they got was my Sirius Sportster, which they can't use. They were nice enough to leave my $160 Rudy sunglasses, my gym bag that contained my custom fitted running shoes and iPod, and my highway Fastpass.

I didn't bother with a police report. Not worth the effort for the radio and I wanted to upgrade anyway. The glass is fully covered (no deductible).

I could use a beer. The 35 mile drive home was cold.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
That sucks. I guess you're pretty lucky all things considered.

Last year when I first moved to Van, my car got busted into and they really cleaned me out.

Petty theft is ridiculous around here. It makes me need a beer as well.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
bummer IAB.

as far as theft prevention, i take the junk approach. my suby looks like such a piece of crap on the outside and all i have in the back are my helmets/sweaty pads that no one even bothers to look at the hidden subs and mp3 hookup i have ;) i don't even bother locking it unless i leave my gun/wallet inside when i'm riding. my motto is this: if you need a car badly enough that you needed to steal my $1,500.00 car then you can just have it. :D

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i had my window smashed in once when i lived in the city...they stole a $20 basketball. i was finding pieces of safety glass for months.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
They left your coffee.
Thank God for the small things.
And my unopened tin of Altoids. They are curiously strong, you know.

There appears to be some blood on my windshield, so at least the ****er got cut. I just hope my car doesn't have AIDS now.

BTW, it's an 04 Outback.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
yep, you're lucky they didn't take more. In college I had my backpack with all my books and notes stolen. That was priceless.

Prettym1k3

Turbo Monkey
Aug 21, 2006
In your pants
Happened to me on Christmas Eve morning. All they took was my Microsoft Zune. I had probably $1,500-$2,500 worth of bike parts, CD's, sunglasses, etc. in my back seat, but it was just a smash and grab. And they didn't grab much.

$230 for a new window a few hours later, and I was back in business.

The jokes on them... a few days later all the 30gb Zunes around the world crashed. :D

Happened to me on Christmas Eve morning. All they took was my Microsoft Zune. I had probably $1,500-$2,500 worth of bike parts, CD's, sunglasses, etc. in my back seat, but it was just a smash and grab. And they didn't grab much.

$230 for a new window a few hours later, and I was back in business.

The jokes on them... a few days later all the 30gb Zunes around the world crashed. :D
reminds me of family guy:
Carter: "Hey Bill [Gates], Can you help me with my zune?" "PSYCH I have an Ipod like the rest of the world!"

heh heh