Quantcast

My cat just sat on my laptop

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
barbecue the cat, get a Dell, customer support from the middle east will get you sorted out.
I have Dell monitors, and after 1 call to their customer service center, I'll never buy another Dell product ever. My next monitor will be one of the super overpriced 30" Apple screens, and if I have issues I can just take it back to the Apple store, and they actually can help me.:clapping:

Anyway my cat was sleeping on the keyboard this morning and it seems to have fixed itself, so I still don't know what heppened, but it doesn't really matter anymore.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Too bad Dell and Apple have a history of sourcing from the same panel OEM. In the case of the newer 3007 WFP-HC, its superior to the 30" Cinema because it has the new version of the 30" panel with the enhanced CCFL (better phosphors - AKA Wide Color Gamut CCFL (WCG-CCFL)) with superior gamut the Cinema can't match.

Pay more and get less - brilliant idea!

Not to mention Dell customer support will ship you another LCD to your door, no stupid "genius" to deal with and no need to leave your home or business. I've never had a problem getting a panel exchange request (last time was Fall 06, shipping damage - we've bought about 15 dell LCD monitor since then without an issue), maybe you are just saying all the wrong things.

Cinema display only comes with 90 days phone, and 1 year warranty and cost $99 extra for 3 years. Dell is 3 years with next business day exchange free of charge.

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Not to mention Dell customer support will ship you another LCD to your door, no stupid "genius" to deal with and no need to leave your home or business.
Nope, only some semi retarded guy in Mumbai who claims his name is bill and doesn't understand a word of what you say, or of what he is trying to read all the while being completely unintelligible.

I'll stick to the moron in the black turtleneck, thanks.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Too bad Dell and Apple have a history of sourcing from the same panel OEM. In the case of the newer 3007 WFP-HC, its superior to the 30" Cinema because it has the new version of the 30" panel with the enhanced CCFL (better phosphors - AKA Wide Color Gamut CCFL (WCG-CCFL)) with superior gamut the Cinema can't match.

Pay more and get less - brilliant idea!

Not to mention Dell customer support will ship you another LCD to your door, no stupid "genius" to deal with and no need to leave your home or business. I've never had a problem getting a panel exchange request (last time was Fall 06, shipping damage - we've bought about 15 dell LCD monitor since then without an issue), maybe you are just saying all the wrong things.

Cinema display only comes with 90 days phone, and 1 year warranty and cost $99 extra for 3 years. Dell is 3 years with next business day exchange free of charge.
And this helped his Safari problem how?

STFU!

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
Nope, only some semi retarded guy in Mumbai who claims his name is bill and doesn't understand a word of what you say, or of what he is trying to read all the while being completely unintelligible.

I'll stick to the moron in the black turtleneck, thanks.
You have a Gateway, so how are you sticking with Apple? Their warranty is just as short as Apple's only the panel they use is more quirky, so you probably really do need a warranty with those.

I had no problem on the damaged monitor exchange and it was from the India support center since it was a stand alone monitor.

If its bundled with a business system your call is routed to the business support center in the US.