Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
FROM FEDEX TRACKING PAGE:
Ship date
Aug 19, 2003

Estimated delivery date
08/27/2003

Ever so soon, my greedy hands will be flying all over my new girl's body...exploring...appreciating...attempting to absorb every nuance of her artful design through my fingertips.
:love:

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Hells yeah! :thumb:

I guess the trade winds across the Pacific were finally favorable enough to sail their ship in :D.

Let's see some pics when you get it. I'm ever so curious to see what the production version looks like. WRX blue right?

Maybe this means they'll also update their website which has been "coming soon" :rolleyes: for the last three months. :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
...pedaling the paddlewheel was on 1/2 rations and lacked the strength to get the barge here any quicker. :D

I went with the WRX Blue and the Vanilla RC will even be properly sprung when it arrives. I begin disassembly of the Isis tonight! As far as the website, HA! The Set-Up Wizard will be performing incantations in Aramaic before that happens. ;)

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
I am waiting on one for a customer. I hope it's worth the wait. What am I saying? Of course it will be worth it.

Is it true that the frame weight is over 9 lbs?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
yea thats what they say, over 9lbs. i've held one and it doesn't feel like it. likes its evenly distributed through out the frame. ride great though

my buddy has one around 29lbs
FoxTALAS, Crossmax SL, Mini, etc

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
...for the unveiling. It's just beautiful. Of course this thread is useless without pics, but it was pouring rain outside and flourescent lighting does not flatter. The color is such a deep shade of metallic blue that I'm not sure it would have looked anything but black. I have to pick up a headset press/removal tool and another BB from my LBS before I can put her together anyways. If I can find my digital scale(since my move), I'll weigh the frame tonight.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
Originally posted by mrbigisbudgood
pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

Don't do this to us.

:angry:

:D
No kidding! Talk about a case of (WRX) blue balls!!

pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics :D

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
...because I don't have a digital camera, but I took several 35mm shots of her in my basement last night under artificial light. I placed the frame on contrasting backgrounds so that the color would show up better. The metallic blue is very dark...much more so than true WRX Blue.

Here's a little tidbit, though, to make up for my lack of pix-

my Chappy's 19" frame, with nothing on it except the Vanilla RC w/800# spring and the seat clamp weighs in at 11 pounds 11 ounces on a digital scale. I was so surprised that I weighed it from 3 different anchor points: 11#9oz, 11#11oz and 11#14oz. I guess with a lighter shock and spring it would weigh less, but 9# seems out of reach.

This has me second guessing my fork situation. Instead of putting my '00 4" Z1 on the front and getting rid of my Isis and 6" '01 Super T for Monster T money, I may just put the Super T on the Chaparral and sell the Isis w/Z1 for a Monster money. Decisions, decisions...

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Did you buy the headset press yet? I totally recommend using a proper cup remover and crown race setting tool, but a press isn't necessary at all if you go and buy a 3/4" bolt, some really big washers, and a nut...stack the washers appropriately (use at least 2 on top of the headset, pref. more, and as many as you need to take up space on bottom), tighten the nut/bolt until it presses in... (oh, and grease the headtube, at least IMHO.)

It's a $2 solution to the problem, and it's easy and extremely reliable. Used mine on many headsets and even a Steelset without a hitch.

Bike sounds great...enjoy!

MD

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by MikeD
Did you buy the headset press yet? I totally recommend using a proper cup remover and crown race setting tool, but a press isn't necessary at all if you go and buy a 3/4" bolt, some really big washers, and a nut...stack the washers appropriately (use at least 2 on top of the headset, pref. more, and as many as you need to take up space on bottom), tighten the nut/bolt until it presses in... (oh, and grease the headtube, at least IMHO.)

I've been too busy at work to get out and buy the stuff. Where are you riding this weekend? Maybe you could help me press it out and install the H/S in my Chappy if it's not too time or labor intensive- I'd buy you some beers. Wait- you're a left coast monkey...nevermind. :(

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Originally posted by llkoolkeg
I've been too busy at work to get out and buy the stuff. Where are you riding this weekend? Maybe you could help me press it out and install the H/S in my Chappy if it's not too time or labor intensive- I'd buy you some beers. Wait- you're a left coast monkey...nevermind. :(
Yah, sorry, I'd love to help out. On the plus side, Home Depot is usually open late...if you want pics of my setup, I'd be glad to take some for you.

BMXman may have posted pix of his, too, at some point.

MD

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
The BB out of my Isis wouldn't work, as I need a square taper one with an adjustable chainline to accommodate the DRS chainguide(RaceFace Taperlock). I have to either get a Taperlock(73mmX120mm) or a new splined crankset/BB to complete her now. (sigh) :(

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
My buddy Dave got his Chappy last friday. We built it up in about three hours, loaded up my Scream and Terry's (jesus) Evil and drove 8 hours to Snowshoe WV. Daves bike performed flawlessly and he was a changed rider. The bike was soaking up every thing in Dave's path. Iam definatly impressed with the bike. For some reason he wasn't able to get the romic that he wanted from banshee so he just went with a Fox Vanilla RC. But the bike held up to some really gnarly DH abuse. The only thing i found odd was that the weight of his built bike was a little heavier than we had hoped for. (around 38# for the large w/ Marzocchi DJ3). My Scream w/ JrT weighs in around 45# so i was expecting a bigger weight gap. Any way as anyone who has ridden a banshee know they always feel and pedal lighter than the scale says.:)

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by Booker
The only thing i found odd was that the weight of his built bike was a little heavier than we had hoped for. (around 38# for the large w/ Marzocchi DJ3). My Scream w/ JrT weighs in around 45# so i was expecting a bigger weight gap. Any way as anyone who has ridden a banshee know they always feel and pedal lighter than the scale says.:)

My 19" weighed 11lb 11oz with the Vanilla RC, 800lb spring and seatclamp. :eek:

I totally think it is the best bike I have ever rode...

I haven't went on a "real" ride yet, but I did some local DJ's and drops , one night rid down a local DH trail we have, have it set at 5x5...

A "real ride" to me means climb in / climb out all day long ride, rain or shine... till you're beat up like Holyfileds ear and spit out on your couch with a 6 pack or Sierra Nevada and the bong, you get through 2 beers, spill the bong, and don't notice cuz you have been passed out...

I cannot explain the luxiuorsness of this frame, suspension combination , total work of art. The romic is KIller.

Only "bad" points... the 550 spring isn't enough for 'me' in the 6 inch so I ordered a 650. Until than I'm running a 'snappy' 5 inch setting.

Couldn't fit a 2.6 Gazz in back , so I put it up front and roll a 2.5 High Roller in back now, since pic...and it fits firts fine.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
Originally posted by PDIRT
I totally think it is the best bike I have ever rode...

I haven't went on a "real" ride yet, but I did some local DJ's and drops , one night rid down a local DH trail we have, have it set at 5x5... A "real ride" to me means climb in / climb out all day long ride, rain or shine... till you're beat up like Holyfileds ear and spit out on your couch with a 6 pack or Sierra Nevada and the bong, you get through 2 beers, spill the bong, and don't notice cuz you have been passed out...

I cannot explain the luxiuorsness of this frame, suspension combination , total work of art. The romic is KIller.

Only "bad" points... the 550 spring isn't enough for 'me' in the 6 inch so I ordered a 650. Until than I'm running a 'snappy' 5 inch setting.

Couldn't fit a 2.6 Gazz in back , so I put it up front and roll a 2.5 High Roller in back now, since pic...and it fits firts fine.
Nice! You got the metallic blue color, too. As I feared, it is very difficult to capture the beauty of the color with a picture because the shade is so deep. It sounds like your rides, though, end up much like mine. :evil: Too bad we'd look like a couple if we ever rode together! ;)

Originally posted by llkoolkeg
Nice! You got the metallic blue color, too. As I feared, it is very difficult to capture the beauty of the color with a picture because the shade is so deep. It sounds like your rides, though, end up much like mine. :evil: Too bad we'd look like a couple if we ever rode together! ;)

:rolleyes: Hi we're the Metalic Blue Banshee Chaparral club ...YAY! :rolleyes:

totally...

But ya ...it's a mystically deep , "Nugent metal Flake" Blue
Ya, have to be in front of it to 'feel' it yo.