Quantcast

My Christmas so far...

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
So you may or may not know, I own and run a luxury chalet in the French Alps...

Last night we are sitting around the lounge area with the guests having a few Christmas eve whiskeys (Laphroaig for you connoisseurs) after dinner. Having a great time seeing the clock go past midnight and swapping jokes etc...

Then at about half past twelve the water main pipe burst in the boiler room. If you think of kids playing in the street's water hydrants, then you get an idea of the water volume coming out of the pipe for just under an hour until we could get a team of plumbers and the fire brigade here with their water pumps to clean up...

Our guests were amazing. Trying to shore the water up to stop further damage, all completely soaked and freezing in the snow, we still managed to go back to the drinks and jokes afterwards...

Going to wait till tomorrow to valuate the damage for insurance. At least it was all contained downstairs and all the living area and bedrooms are fine... All that is downstairs is the drystore/laundry/wine storage cave, sauna room, boiler room, ski/boot room and my gym/bike workshop (with new carpet laid a week ago)

Eggs benedict, strawberries and champagne for breakfast now...

Merry Christmas everyone! I'm about to share mine with some really cool people. I hope you all are too. :cheers:

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I just had the best Christmas ever.

Nice brekkie with friends, got to play santa for a wee 6yo who somehow didn't see through it, took said 6yo sledging, took the misses and dog for a walk around frozen Lac du Montriond (stunning), chilled out watching crap christmas tv, cooked nice christmas dinner for all.

Such a great day.

Cheers all, I'll let you know how much we choke the insurance co for!