Quantcast

My cool factor will skyrocket!

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'm helpin a mt. biker out by guiding a ride for him. Just happens to be some dude from Rochester....:cool:

Actually he's from Ithaca. same dif...:monkey:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
robdamanii said:
Ithaca is the unshaven armpit of the fingerlakes.

Spending 5 years there was about 4.9 years too many.
I didnt know D&D tournaments could last that long...

bluebug32

Asshat
Jan 14, 2005
Floating down the Hudson
jdcamb said:
Be nice. Ithaca is actually a cool place.
I heart Ithaca and the 4 years I spent there (minus the bi-polar weather that is).

It's sad to go back and see a Wal-mart/Lowes...one big box chain after another and a Starbucks in the commons. What would the hippies say? Where's the peaceful protest, man?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
robdamanii said:
Ithaca is the unshaven armpit of the fingerlakes.

Spending 5 years there was about 4.9 years too many.

Sad to hear. I enjoy myself there. Yes it is kind of funky. But I can get great beer, good asian food, and good live music there. Something I can't get as easily in Rochester. I like it there.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Qman said:
When are you going?
Saturday leaving around 9ish.

Gonna do an odd loop but basically gonna do most of White River with a climb of Ranger Creek and a descent of Palisaides, and a little Skookum Flats....

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Skookum said:
Saturday leaving around 9ish.

Gonna do an odd loop but basically gonna do most of White River with a climb of Ranger Creek and a descent of Palisaides, and a little Skookum Flats....
Damn. Double booked Saturday and Sunday. Riding will have to be in the first half of the day only.
Sounds like a killer loop though. Have fun.

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
I ride it every day. 4 miles to work,4 miles home. :D

still no car...:(

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
jdcamb said:
Sad to hear. I enjoy myself there. Yes it is kind of funky. But I can get great beer, good asian food, and good live music there. Something I can't get as easily in Rochester. I like it there.
you're a hippie. :p

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
bluebug32 said:
Yes, I often confuse Ithaca with the PNW :rolleyes:
If Ithaca was in Washington state Skooks would go there and rock the house. I just know it.... Hey it rains a lot there, they have a lot of coffee shops, it's hilly, they got good beer, a large asian population, bad drivers, and lots of water close by. Only thing missing is mountains and good seafood. Could happen if you weren't so jaded.... By the way Peace cafe is in collegetown on College ave I think.