Quantcast

My Cove Frame Hath Arrived:

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Well its here. It looks quite a bit different than it's shown on the internet, but Im really not complaining.

I thought that the frame would be really hard to get, but ordering through BTI, it took about a week and a half and the frame was at the shop. :) Welds are really, really neat looking and the frame seems super light. Stickers seem like they wont last, but whatever.

All I need really is a crankset, derailleur, shifters, chain and cassette, and she'll be ready.

Im not posting pics yet BTW.

It's about the ride, not the ride anyway :rofl:

ALSO: Doctors says 2 more weeks and the metal boot comes off. Then I can ride on the road:cool:

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
I got a Handjob :rofl:

Anyway, the cable routing is done underneath the toptube instead of on top, as it shows at www.covebike.com . Also, if you look at a pic of the frame on their site, the TT and the seat stays meet at about the same point at the seat tube. My top tube hits the seat tube about an inch and a half lower than the seat stays. So the top tube is sloped more.

Also, the #'s they list as their TT length are actually the "effective" TT length, which means Ill be running a 90mm stem vs. a 70mm. No big deal.

Dirty

i said change it damn it....Janet...Slut!!
Aug 3, 2003
the handjob?

what color did you get?
black?
Matte silver?
Choco Brown?
Pixie Blue?
Sassy Pink?
Matte Green?
Orange?

and what size? that might explain the differences from the online pic.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I was going to get Maureen the Cove Playmate as her dh bike, but then she started looking at the other Cove bike names and that nixed that!

aka, the Hooker: "Takes 4 inches in the rear..."

and the new classic, The Shocker: "One in the pink, 2 in the stink..."

I hear they're naming their next bike the Dirty Sanchez! Zing!

BurlyShirley

Jul 4, 2002
TN
Jim Mac said:
I was going to get Maureen the Cove Playmate as her dh bike, but then she started looking at the other Cove bike names and that nixed that!

aka, the Hooker: "Takes 4 inches in the rear..."

and the new classic, The Shocker: "One in the pink, 2 in the stink..."

I hear they're naming their next bike the Dirty Sanchez! Zing!
It's just "Sanchez" actually. Who cares?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Is this your first Cove?

Personally I have found the G Spot to be quite pleasurable to ride. I love it!

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
lol so i see working at the shop acctually paid off. next time you work bring the new rig in and well i will have to come and see it. ohh and man put some pics up this thread is worthless without pics.