Quantcast

My Cowan

Grimey

Monkey
Aug 21, 2003
cali
Nice ride, thinking about getting one. Do you need to have your chainguide rotated up that much?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
i ride a kona roast, sorry i dont have any pics of it.

i like your cowan alot man. the colors are awesome. looks like fun to ride.

what do you like to ride?

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
slowSSr, do you like that vanilla 125r? i run that on my roast and i havent touched since i put it on almost 8 months ago. i love it.

i like to ride the dj's, but here in this godforsaken town of pullman everytime i try to get some sets built, i either find them destroyed or i get shut down by the cops.....

so i ride the campus alot.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
Yeah I didn't really like the guide or running a deraliur so I switched to single speed w/ a kmc chain and a re-arranged cassette. The back brake is giving out after 1 week bouncing on my back wheel! So now I need to change out my brakes :stosh: .

mbfanatic

Chimp
Jun 29, 2004
S.B.
I have an 04 Cowan frame sitting in my room w/ a new fox 130 rlc I got from replacing my old 125 that had a bent steertube. I can't wait to put it together. Gonna be SS too. I'll post a pic when I get it.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
I just got my avid mechanical disc brakes and I am getting hookworms/kenda k-rads. What ones do you think I should get?

bluewaker

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Toronto, where it's at.
I've a 2004 kona scrap. Lovin it.

But I need a couple of things
1)Broken tube to make a chainstay protector (dont wanna buy a new one)
2)Better grips.
3)Chain guide.

Dude, the cowan don't have v mounts which sucks. Trials/bmx is all bout rear v's. Makes things so much better.

bluewaker

Chimp
Nov 6, 2004
Toronto, where it's at.
I've always wanted to know what slime and hookworms are! What the heck are they?

I get the idea of slime but its a bit strange.

Also, k rads aint great on the trails, if that's what you plan to do some day. They slip and slide, I tested them on a Giant STP2.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
cowman said:
I just got my avid mechanical disc brakes and I am getting hookworms/kenda k-rads. What ones do you think I should get?
dude get the k-rads. they rock. I like them better especially for dirt jumping. they roll as fast as the hookworm, grab walls and stuff just as good but they give a little more trackin on the dirt.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
bluewaker said:
I've always wanted to know what slime and hookworms are! What the heck are they?

I get the idea of slime but its a bit strange.

Also, k rads aint great on the trails, if that's what you plan to do some day. They slip and slide, I tested them on a Giant STP2.
maybe on like single track trails. at our dirt jumps mine hooks up better than the hookworms do. they are red clay hard packed and when its dry they get that slick powdery coating over the top. i run a k-rad on the back and semi slick Maxxis on the front.

s dub

Chimp
Nov 9, 2004
kenmore
cowman said:
The back brake is giving out after 1 week bouncing on my back wheel! .
:eek: cam you can bounce on your back wheel for a whole week!!?!?!? hahaha jk nice pic you should update it now though your "cow" looks way diffferent now.

EDIT: sry i didnt see those last links you posted... which were updated.

cowman

Monkey
Oct 17, 2004
Seattle, WA
thanks for posting your ghetto bike sean. Your ride soooo awesome and it pedals really smooth. Oh yah and the brakes work well too.