Quantcast

My Custom Morewood Izium

Red Bull

Turbo Monkey
Oct 22, 2004
not hating...just curious what is custom on the bike
Well he stated the Wheels were custom built for the National Champ Cole Bangert but he apparently had no use for them. Also, the frame color is custom as it is not a standard color from Morewood. It was offered as a color for the Northeast Sovereign Downhill Racing team and that was it.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
I'm calling Shenanagins on the Ti spokes. I saw that bike in the stand for like a month over at Morewood and those spokes are anodized red. I don't recall any anodizing of Titanium going on at I9?

There'd be virtually no weight savings to go to Ti spokes from the existing Aluminum ones. What gives?

Oh...and where'd the Boxxer go that was on it?

Poindexter

Chimp
Dec 25, 2007
Guys, lay back on the kid. He's really pumped about racing and this coming year he's got plans to get out and do some heavy traveling. Age doesn't matter, nor does skill level actually. He wants to become a good fast racer, and having a solid bike is part of that.

Don't even start about him being 15 and having a nice bike. Have any of you guys ever raced MX? It is sickening, 8 year olds having 6 different motorcycles, etc...

Amen to that, it still cracks me up when were getting ready to go out for practice and this huge 80000$ Fun-hauler pulls up and the garage pops open and out comes a little cobra 50.

Yeah there are like 5 year old kids racing motocross with $1500 custom TLD lids and a arsenal of bikes in the motorcoach and here someone gets a proper bike for putting forth an solid racing effort and you wankers bust his balls. STFU.

Mr Ridiculous

Margarita my slippers
Apr 21, 2006
Morgantown, WV
Wow, this thread disintegrated fast. Anyway, that's a pretty sick build. I'm getting ready to order an Izimu too just as soon as I sell my current bike. It's not gonna be quite as trick as yours but I'm pretty stoked. Geritt and Richard have both been a big help, sending me build-ups and such. Are you going to come up to Snowshoe and Massenutten and whatnot?

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
hey man

gald to her you have been in touch with Morewood, they are by far one of the best companys to deal with, they will help you with anything. I will be racing all 3 snowshoe races, Massanutten and wolf Laureal races. and I think Dark mountain is hosting a few this year

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
I'm calling Shenanagins on the Ti spokes. I saw that bike in the stand for like a month over at Morewood and those spokes are anodized red. I don't recall any anodizing of Titanium going on at I9?

There'd be virtually no weight savings to go to Ti spokes from the existing Aluminum ones. What gives?

Oh...and where'd the Boxxer go that was on it?
Looks pretty similar, few changes though.

Good luck next season Gperkins

GPERKINS

Monkey
Jul 25, 2007
Timberlake
I changed the boxxer to a Fox because Fox has such great support and the rear shox to a CaneCreek Double Barrel. It rides so well and the suspension is very responsive

Morewood ROCKS!!

SPINTECK

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2005
abc
Fantastic Ride!!!! I can't believe no one commented on the Double Barrel- that thing is ten times better than tricked out wheels. Enjoy the ride.

Don't mind the bike envy, unless it's gold plated you can NEVER have too much bike. As far as the age, the only thing I worry about with that is that some young guys let their bikes get stolen to easily- don't be lazy, take precautions not to let it sneak off.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
let's talk density and units of measurement that matter.
Why is that necessary? If you have an aluminum spoke and a titanium spoke of similar size, the ti one will be about 60% heavier, but have twice the tensile strength. That's a generalization of course, but then again we're speaking generally.

Paper wouldn't be a good choice for spoke material. :biggrin: But ti just might be a great option for an I9 spoke.

dirttastesgood

Turbo Monkey
Dec 12, 2006
CT
That video sucks, I just put it up because it showed our trails pretty well, I'm really not that slow.
I think i commented on the double barrel, if i didn't it's amazing. I love mine.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
Richard brought your bike to Clemson before he send it off to you. I just rode it around the parking lot, it was light as hell with the Boxxer and DHX Air. But I bet it feels great with the 40 and the DB.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Richard brought your bike to Clemson before he send it off to you. I just rode it around the parking lot, it was light as hell with the Boxxer and DHX Air. But I bet it feels great with the 40 and the DB.
Yah it was around 36lbs or so at the Cleason race. Super light!!!!! Still ether way GPERKINS, you have a great bike man!!!! Enjoy it!!!!

los jefes

Monkey
May 10, 2004
Asheville, NC
About the wheels:
Those were built for Cole Bangert for National Champs (they were not done in time) so he rode the same I9's he had been on all season.
To anyone familiar with our company, the fact that the wheels were not done in time will not come as any surprise :busted:

The only differences between that wheelset and any other DH wheelset we build are the following:
3 Pawl (instead of 6 pawl), less drag for race wheels.
Ceramic bearings instead of steel. Everything else is the same as any other wheelset we build.

P.S. Rock on kid!! That's a sweet bike and don't be deterred by the jealous haters. Enjoy and good luck next season!! Give 'em hell!!

WODIE

Monkey
Jul 14, 2007
Inman/Clemson, SC
Your bike is sick. I also checked it out when Richard brought it to clemson. i didnt want to even set it on dirt yet cause it was looking so nice and pristine since it was so new and frame still partially wrapped. Do you know what it weighs in at now since its got the db and fox on it? Richard was saying it was weighing in at 36lbs which is stupid light for an 8and8 bike.