Quantcast

my day couldn't have been better

TCP21

Monkey
May 13, 2005
Greensboro, NC
So i get home from class, take a nap, and go talk to a friend. i went to Re:cycles earlier to find out when my Cowan DS will be here. Merritt said he had no idea that probably in about 2 weeks, i said ok and left and went home. I was standing outside talking to a friend when my phone rings, its Merritt, i thought he was calling to say that the frame will be here in 2 weeks, but i was wrong.
This is what he said, it here man come and get your frame. i am stoked.

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Nice frame man!!! I like the color. What fork are you putting on it? If you don't have one yet I am selling my 06 Rock Shox Revelation 426 Dual Air/Air U-Turn/U-Turn 85-135 MM travel and weighs in at 3.75 lbs. It in great shap and I will make you a deal on it. PM me if you want it.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i was getting yellow but this is what they sent me

"i'll have a cheesburger with extra pickle please...."

"here's the chicken sandwhich you ordered sir" :D

and your day could have been better......there could have been several hot mail order brides in the frame box waiting to appease you every desire.

but, i guess getting the frame is pretty cool too ;)

can't wait to see it built up.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
gastro said:
An 07 was ordered.
An 07 was shown on the shipping invoice.
An 06 is what was delivered. :rant:
QUOTE]

Yea, I would've given them **** for that one. It would be really bad if you ordered something like...an '07 Stinky Primo and got an '06.

I would honestly make sure that the Geometry isn't different for '07 before you build it. I doubt it is, but them tweaking head angles and chainstay lengths in particular can change the whole bike in a big way.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
I'm pretty sure its the same frame, just a differnt (and IMO better) color. I didnt think they were going to make the frame again in 07. I cant remember if it was in our dealer catalog or not, but I dont see one on their website. Nonetheless, its a sweet frame. We have one lying around the shop that one of the owners is gonna build up soon. He's got a lot of bikes, and he actually seems more excited to get it built up so I can ride it. have fun Josh.

WKC

Monkey
Feb 23, 2005
Down in the G-Spot
I'm pretty sure its the same frame, just a differnt (and IMO better) color. I didnt think they were going to make the frame again in 07. I cant remember if it was in our dealer catalog or not, but I dont see one on their website. Nonetheless, its a sweet frame. We have one lying around the shop that one of the owners is gonna build up soon. He's got a lot of bikes, and he actually seems more excited to get it built up so I can ride it. have fun Josh.
It's on the website, you just gotta dig around to see it. The Geometry is not listed in the catalog anywhere, but i've been informed that the only change from '06 to '07 is from Baby Blue to School Bus Yellow paint.