Quantcast

My department was just assigned an interesting bit of required reading...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England

Not only do we have to read what appears to be a childrens book, but we are also having a meeting to discuss its content.

:help:

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Tenchiro said:

Not only do we have to read what appears to be a childrens book, but we are also having a meeting to discuss its content.

Please keep us updated....if this turns out to be a total crapfest in your office....it's only a matter of time before my company will make me read it and discuss.....

"I'm verklempt.....*gasp* ....I'll give you a topic to discuss......the Industrial Revolution...*gasp*...it was niether industrial....or a revolution.....*gasp* .....Go!"

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I had a differntial equations class where an L. Ron Hubbard book was required reading. I refused to buy or read the book. 10% of all tests were based on the book. Instead of answering the questions I mocked the professor in the alloted space. I still got an A, good times.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I thought it was going to be "who moved my cheese" or something. That's never a good sign when that book comes around...

I think you should write up a review, that would be cool.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Westy said:
I had a differntial equations class where an L. Ron Hubbard book was required reading. I refused to buy or read the book. 10% of all tests were based on the book. Instead of answering the questions I mocked the professor in the alloted space. I still got an A, good times.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Westy again.

NOOOooooooo.....damn it!! Pure gold I say!

Side note....why the hell would a differential equations class have a Sci-fi author's (and general crackpot...) book as required reading....did he do some alien math in some of his writings??

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Secret Squirrel said:
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Westy again.

NOOOooooooo.....damn it!! Pure gold I say!

Side note....why the hell would a differential equations class have a Sci-fi author's (and general crackpot...) book as required reading....did he do some alien math in some of his writings??
It was some glossy paged cartoon book, supposedly taught new approaches to studying better. My money was on subliminal scientology brainwashing, well that or the prof was getting kickbacks from the book sales.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
BurlyShirley said:
Good on ya westy. Id've tried to do the same. **** scientology.
Luckily the class was graded on a curve, at the end of it all I had an 89% average after losing 10% on every test and quiz. So I had the room to **** with the teacher.

Here was the book

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Westy said:
:rofl:

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Tenchiro said:

lemme guess....your manager is a woman?