Quantcast

My DH world champ wife-gave birth like a champ!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
hooples3 said:
congrats you guys.. leigh I hope you have a speed recovery!!!!
she is beautiful!!! did you get her a bike yet????
Since the Stebers just had a baby, we are hoping Jeff builds Grace an identical Intense tricycle as Abbys ;-) ...I assume those 2 girls are going to be attached at the hip.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
MMike said:
Congrats! Enjoy every minute...and sure...drug free labour and all....but the true test of bad-assedness is how long she breast feeds......
Word...
She is thinking 3 months, she is so NOT into that part.

Thanks Mike

May 4, 2005
Congrats!!!

My daughter is 2 years old now and has me wrapped around her finger ( so be prepared!)
Also has me push her around on her trike every day as well but I don't mind, in 15 years they will be racing each other for Junior world champs! haha

Hope you remember what sleep was like because you won't have a good night sleep for a loooong time! also lets pray that the kid looks like Leigh and not you!!haha

good luck! now the fun begins

Attachments

PinchFlat

Chimp
Sep 10, 2001
UT
Congratulations Stiks and Leigh. Children are the reason we are all here.

Hey does Grace have a sponcer yet?

-PF

MMike

A fowl peckerwood.
Sep 5, 2001
just sittin' here drinkin' scotch
stiksandstones said:
Word...
She is thinking 3 months, she is so NOT into that part.

Thanks Mike
Dude... FWIW... Obviously it's a personal decision for everyone, but I'll leave you with this. My daughter is a little over 19 mos old now. My wife had only planned on nursing for about 5-6 mos. She ended up nursing until just shy of our daughter's first b-day. It was just so frickin convenient. It's instant, portable food wherever you go! Made life pretty easy on numerous occasions.

(And it's supposed to be good for the kid too)...in 19 mos, my daughter has had 1 cold ever, and it lasted 2 days....maybe a coincidence... I dunno...

ohio

The Fresno Kid
Nov 26, 2001
SF, CA
MMike said:
(And it's supposed to be good for the kid too)...
Yeah, I was breast-feeding well into 5th grade, and look how good I turned out. I say keep 'em on the stuff until 18 if you can!

(edit: BTW, congrats! That's fantastic!)

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
yeah mike, we shall see, we dont have a set plan really...play it by ear. All I know is this is awesome, my mom and leighs mom are here cooking and cleaning for 2 weeks, so we are psyched. Plus they only live 40 minutes away so, gonna be good. The craziest thing is we can not wait to go MTBing with her...we really hope she likes it or we will be bummed! haha

Dinner is on, thanks again y'all.

MTNPSYCHO

Chimp
Apr 22, 2002
Peabody, Mass
Just read this, congrats to all three of ya....
Very cute baby too, awesome pics.....
May your baby grow up to be happy, healthy, and very fast, from Team FPP in NewHampshire......

Dirt Merchant

Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
Hilton, NY
"My chick is bad ass!"

Wow dude! You're married to Leigh Donovan?! Congrats on the kid:
try to find a BOB type trailer with suspension if you can.....

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Congrats Stik (& Leigh)!! I have a 4 y.o. and another on the way in Jan.. They grow up fast dude so enjoy every moment!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Sleep anyone??
EVERYONE told us there will be no sleep, for a while-I prepared the last few months by getting a lot of sleep ;-)
Did not help! haha...Thanks again everyone.