Quantcast

My "dirt jump" bike

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
It's not really a dirt jump frame, but I make it work!
My friend and I just painted my frame, color changing. The frame needs to be in bright sun to really see all the colors!

New fork:

I got it built up yesterday. The sun ain't out so the pictures aren't very good.

Riding in the leaves is fun!

There are still quite a number of parts I would like to change, but it rides pretty nicely!

duck

Monkey
Apr 8, 2007
Cranbrook BC
Looks good, my only compaints would be to match up the deetracks and route the cables together.
That's a rad paint job, get some pics of it in the sunlight.

haromtnbiker

Turbo Monkey
Oct 3, 2004
Cary, NC
The compression adjuster clears the downtube by about 3-4 millimeters! A very close call!

As for the paint, we first started by sanding the hard to reach areas with sandpaper, then my friend took it to the garage he works at to sand the rest of the frame with a grinder. Then we put down two cans of primer, (spray paint) two cans of paint, one can of clear, then wet sanded it, one more can of clear and finally it was waxed. This thing shines!!

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Sanding and griding sounds gnarly for an aluminum frame.

That looks really good. I would have gotten a black fork (pike would be similar). If you take the stickers off the rims it will look cleaner and won't look like two different ones, unless you look up close.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
Bitchin' powerslides. I was rockin' those back in '79 at the rhodie gardens near my house. :D
The paint looks sweet too. Ditch the gears maybe?