Quantcast

My dog ate it! -- a whole new meaning to the Red Sox

splat

Nam I am
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3163105

The baseball from the final out of the 2007 World Series is at Jonathan Papelbon's home in Hattiesburg, Miss., according to the Hattiesburg American.

Well, part of it is.

The rest? You should ask the Boss.

If he could talk, he might say it was delicious. But the most he'll say is "woof."

"Boss," you see, is Jonathan Papelbon's dog. Boss likes to play with baseballs. And Boss found the baseball that Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek gave the closer after he struck out the Rockies' Seth Smith to clinch Boston's second World Series title in four years, the newspaper reported.

And Papelbon was left with a common excuse for not doing one's homework to explain what happened to a historic baseball artifact.

"My dog ate it," Papelbon told the newspaper. "He plays with baseballs like they are his toys. His name is Boss. He jumped up one day on the counter and snatched it. He likes rawhide. He tore that thing to pieces.

"I'll keep what's left of it," he told the paper.

After the 2004 World Series, the Red Sox and first baseman Doug Mientkiewicz haggled over custody of the ball that produced the final out of the team's Series championship in 86 years. Both sides eventually decided to give the ball to the National Baseball Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
My friend's dog picked all his girlfriends panties out of the clothes hamper and ate the crotches out of them

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
No it was just a discharge hound I guess... (blue heeler)

Edit: Sorry for completely annihilating this thread.