Quantcast

My dog is sick...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Chacko, our 12 year old Husky/Malamute mix has a nasty tumour in his mouth. Going in for removal next week. Doc is optimistic, didnt even blink, just said lets get it out. He is healthy as hell, doesnt show any ill effects and still plays with his sister and runs with my wife daily. We are still worried, so please throw up a prayer to whatever diety you worship/sacrifice to for him. He is a great, well behaved and friendly pooch who has never hurt a fly.

Well, there was that rooster...and a couple cats...and a few field mice. And that bird. But he is a great pup and family member...has guarded both my little gromms as micro gromms and hiked and wandered all over the place with me...dont want to lose him.

JL

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
oral cancer?

you didn't talk to him about cunnilingus and oral cancer with his sister....did you?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Not knowing what the outcome will be would be horrible, my dog was an estimated 17 when he went from being perfect one day to getting the needle the next.
Hoping your dog has a Benin tumor and it is removed without drama, your dog is a pretty tough breed(s) so he should be all sweet, good luck to you and your pooch.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
My pup had a big old tumor removed from his stomach. Biopsy showed that it was a very aggressive form of cancer. Doc said that if it spread we would know within weeks. That was probably 6 years ago, hasn't had a single problem since then. Let's hope something similar holds true for your little buddy.

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
So the tumour has been removed, along with half his jaw and teeth on the right side. He is doing well (Chased a llama down the street the other day...) and jogs with my wife every day still.

Most expensive free dog I have ever had, but worth every penny...