Quantcast

My doube

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
What's the 36 set to?

Throw a chainguide on and you'll be set. Looks like a sick little ride.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
its the talas, so it is adjustable from 160mm-100. In on of the picks, I had it set to 160mm. I'm getting a guide and a gold tooth bash guard. What type of guide shoild I get? I can't really decide. I want something light/low pro

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I like Gamut guides. They're super simple and the company's really chill.

Or check out an e13 LG-1. You can't use a bash though, only a "taco" mounted like a skidplate on a dirtbike to the boomerang.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
incredible, i really would like to ride one of these little guys instead of my TOP, maybe at some point...Singlespeed on that would be insane!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
You can use a bash guard with the lg1, although it is designed so you dont HAVE to.
Have fun getting a bash to clear the upper part of the boomerang. The only bash I could think of that could possibly work is a TruVativ.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
such a sick frame, good god. the angles on transitions site look perfect for jumping, i wish they were a little bit slacker for my uses though because i would throw a longer travel fork on there and use it as my all arounder. i would have bought it if i had the cash, you're very lucky.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
such a sick frame, good god. the angles on transitions site look perfect for jumping, i wish they were a little bit slacker for my uses though because i would throw a longer travel fork on there and use it as my all arounder. i would have bought it if i had the cash, you're very lucky.
When you put on a longer fork it'll get slacker.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
yup, but i talked to the transition guys about it a little while back and they said that if i were to put as long a fork as i wanted to, it would screw up the geometry and make it handle weird. looks like i'm getting a bottlerocket when my bike dies, which won't been any time soon. i've got plenty of time to think about it i guess.

nmn25

Monkey
Jun 12, 2006
portland or co springs
I'm interseted in getting a new wheelset for it. I was thinking about getting a white transition revolutuion one (I have a white bash guard on order, plus am going to try and get white bars). Anyways, my question is whether to get the 36mm wide or the 32 mm wide.

The 36 mm wide will make the tires wider but not as tall (which I think will give me better grip but less squish).
The 32 will make the tires taller but skinnier/rounder (which I think will give me more squish but less grip).

Correct me if any of this is wrong.

I will be running 2.4 holly rollers (more like 2.2s though).

If there is a better/diff wheelset you guys would recomend, let me know. Thanks for any input. Also, I will take suggestions on ANYTHING. I think it rides perfect now, so lets make it PRETTY:imstupid: .