Quantcast

My Faction's vital stats -vs a 20" bike

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
I've now measured all over the bike and here are the stats:
TT - c-to-c (head tube to seat tube) = 21"
Standover height c-to-c (centre of crank spindle to where TT meets seat tube) = 9.75"
CS length - c-to-c (centre of crank spindle to centre of rear wheel) = 15.75"
BB height = 11.6"
I'm also running Sunday's tall T bars @8.75"

So by my reckoning if I find a frame for a 20" with a standover height of say 8.5-9", and TT length of 21 then I'd need taller bars to get the same feel in height.

Example - Sunday 3rd wave has an 8.5" standover, 21" TT, so I'd need a 10" bar for it to feel the same as my Faction!
Mind you the Fit lurch might cut it - standover of 8.75", TT of 21,25 - would give more length room but tall bar of 9.75" is needed.

I suppose I can use headspacers but suddenly S&M's 10" bar becomes more interesting.....

Then again there is the new Amero frame...

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
This is starting to sounds like some slight ocd. I understand some deep thinking but wow. My opinion on bike fit is to get something that fits a rider of my stats. From there, there can be slight adjustments made by changing out components based on the ride. I honestly haven't done research on your history of riding, you might've been riding for many moons. But dude, three threads on really the same subject?

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
. . . . But dude, three threads on really the same subject?
as much as i like to talk about alternative ideas in bicycling . . . i agree: better to keep 22" / Faction things in one thread. !$&!

Last edited:

iksmudge

Monkey
Nov 4, 2008
:D fair enough, it's been a looooong week in work and with all the snow and ice here I haven't been able to get out on the bike:rofl: