Quantcast

my fake bmx

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
hey guys, thought I'd post up my ride soon... It's a 2005 .243 and I freaking love it...

if anyone's interested I could post the parts spec later too...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I am about a two days away from ordering one of the new versions of that frame.

I see you are running QR with single speed. How is that working out for you? are the rear dropouts fully adjustable or do they have a couple of fixed positions?

How does the workmanship look? can you get some macros of the welds and the dropouts?

Like I said, I am really getting serious about pulling the trigger on one of those bad boys.

oh, almost forgot: Excellent build. love the fork. 20 mm axel on a rigid fork = off the sicktor...

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
the new ones come with bad a$$ chain teinsioners, that also have fixed options. go for it you will not regret it. i love my SL and have had 0 issuse since i got it 3 months ago.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
spacemanspiff06 said:
the new ones come with bad a$$ chain teinsioners, that also have fixed options. go for it you will not regret it. i love my SL and have had 0 issuse since i got it 3 months ago.
where did you buy it?

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
I am about a two days away from ordering one of the new versions of that frame.
Excellent, it rides better than all the other street bikes I've ridden...

I see you are running QR with single speed. How is that working out for you? are the rear dropouts fully adjustable or do they have a couple of fixed positions?
I'm just too poor to have a bolt-on axel... The drop-outs are fully adjustable but they still have 3 fixed positions (I'm riding with 16'' chainstays right now and it doesn't fit in the fixed positions but it's still awesome and has never slipped...

How does the workmanship look? can you get some macros of the welds and the dropouts?
The frame is pretty well built, for pics I'll have to ask my sister because I suck at everything that's related to photography

Like I said, I am really getting serious about pulling the trigger on one of those bad boys.
As mentionned before, good idea... :D

oh, almost forgot: Excellent build. love the fork. 20 mm axel on a rigid fork = off the sicktor...
After only one week, I already hate it... I'll be trying to drop the travel on my 2005 Marzo' Z.1 FR-3 to about 80mm of travel because I don't really like the feel of the rigid...

Forgot to mention, I'll be soon getting a new Gusset Prison bar, courtesy from unrealcycles... Pics will be coming as soon as I recieve it and install it...

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
TGR said:
After only one week, I already hate it... I'll be trying to drop the travel on my 2005 Marzo' Z.1 FR-3 to about 80mm of travel because I don't really like the feel of the rigid...
haha. rigid is pretty unforgiving. i bent the fork on my BMX a week ago and spent the last week rolling my mtb with a Z1FR1. it's like ridin in a cadeeellac! smooth. however, rigid forces YOU to be extra smooth and not rely so much on italian engineering.

btw, thanks for the info.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
grom-dom said:
its not the sl frame and it weighs a pound more, but adrenalinecycles.com has the fr and dh frames 199 each. i beleive i may pick up a fr frame soon
you have a link to that? the adrenalinecycles.com homepage is screwed up i think...

mga.

Eatmyfood!

Monkey
Jul 17, 2006
Nice setup! I see you like the Specialized enduro grips too. I will personally send anybody five bucks you buys the grips and doesn't anything about them.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
Eatmyfood! said:
Nice setup! I see you like the Specialized enduro grips too. I will personally send anybody five bucks you buys the grips and doesn't anything about them.
I like them, and they're freaking cheap too...15$ (canadian bling bling that is...)

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
little updates...:biggrin:
profile ss crankset with 32 tooth imperial sproket coming next week

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
That's what's coming next week... :brows:

should I get an evil doc frame instead of my 243 frame?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hell no, DOC is too slack. If you want an Evil go Sovereign.

Black Market Mobs are the sickest 26" bikes out there rite now IMO though.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
I'm not a big fan of the Black Markets...

Isn't the sovereign more of a trailbike than a park bike?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, but it makes a better park bike. It's steeper. The DOC is a frikken chopper. Ask Ufdwhateverthehellhisnameis.