Quantcast

My father is turning 70 this week...

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
... and I am reminded of my own mortality, and that I haven't gotten him some killer gift for the man who wants nothing.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
sanjuro said:
... and I am reminded of my own mortality, and that I haven't gotten him some killer gift for the man who wants nothing.
Hey, if you find a killer gift for him, that's great. I love finding great gifts for people.

But for your family, and especially for a guy who wants nothing, take him out to dinner and spend a nice evening with him. That's a great gift. Finding a killer gift is just the icing.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
yea I'd have to agree, at that point of life presents don't mean as much as time. Spend a day w/ him doing something he likes... fishing, golf, lap dances.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
MMike said:
MY dad turned 71 a few weeks ago....as I type this he is in my back yard building me a shed.
My dad is a shed building Machine. He's only like 46 tho.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
N8 said:
Congratulations to you and your pops!

The best gift you can give him is time...

I know I miss my dad. :(

I agree. Do something with him if he doesn't want anything. 70 years is a long time to be alive.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Thanks for the sad stories. It reminds me while I am worried about spending less and less time with him, he is still going strong.

And maybe I will buy him a shed...

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
sanjuro said:
Thanks for the sad stories. It reminds me while I am worried about spending less and less time with him, he is still going strong.

And maybe I will buy him a shed...
Haha this thread is pretty funny....

Maybe your pops' longevity and good health is attributed to your being absent from the picture? Jokes....:D