Quantcast

my first 20"

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Picked up a Bitchin Camaro to expand my nights at the bmx track into some more racing... build is what was laying around at the team compound.

So far have pressed it to use for a few hours of park riding and a nice 5 hour street ride through Boston and Cambridge.

Verdict- hell yes. The transition has taken very little for me at a very lanky 5'10", and smalller wheels are so much more fun as all of a sudden a usable transition is infinetly smaller than before.... It is going to take a winter of hard riding on this thing before i feel comfortable charging fulll speed down the first straight at Whip City, but dang, it's fun so far.

I'll be swapping the stem and bar out for a butted atomlab unit and stem, and the wheels for Atomlab pimplites on their new casettee hubs. Also need to get some 170 cranks on this beastie instead of the 175's I have now. Waiting for the Wombolts.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Oh I forgot the best part, I took the bus home from Boston, with the wheels and stem off the entire bike would have fit in my duffel bag! Got to love that.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Wait, didn't you buy a new BMX frame a bit back? (Something or other with an SS logo?)

I've been itching to get a race bike but there just aren't enough tracks around here to use it. But man, this 24" Straats I saw yesterday really made me think.

Your bike looks sick, have fun on it!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
That IS the bike i bought. The shiny one was direct from the FBM site. This is post shreddage. This is a race bike, but it will also be my street/park bike, as all I want to do is go fast and turn, whether it be on a race track or full on erbon ass-alt mode.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Sorry to bump such an old thread, but how do you like it? I'm really considering one of these things as a do-it-all BMX, as the place I'm moving for next school year has both a track and the best street in the world (Spain!!!)