Quantcast

My first century...

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
I did the Armadillo Classic today and logged 110.6 miles. My longest to date was 85. I'm pretty happy about it.

I ate right for the most part, drank right and felt mostly good. I cramped some, but was able to dissolve a Nuun tablet in my mouth to make it go away. I skipped several stops, but still got what I needed. It was a long drawn out process though. I waited some and back tracked some. Averaged just under 17 mph, which is decent for me, as I haven't ridden but 9 times since my surgery. I honestly didn't know if I could do it.

The only sucky part was a guy turning in front of me with 1 mile left to go. I nearly stopped, but ended up going over my bars. Smashed a banana into my phone, which sucked, but was ok. He felt bad, and without cursing I was a prick, but it was pretty retarded to just flip a left in a right hand turn. Oh well - I still broke my century cherry.

Woot!!!! :rockout:

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
Nice job. Funny enough, I have done some multi-state tours and some 90 mile road rides, but I never broke 100 mile mark until 2003.

Of course, I went over the top by riding from Hartford to Saratoga Springs, by myself on a course I have never done before. 145 miles.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
Nice job. Funny enough, I have done some multi-state tours and some 90 mile road rides, but I never broke 100 mile mark until 2003.

Of course, I went over the top by riding from Hartford to Saratoga Springs, by myself on a course I have never done before. 145 miles.
I hope to do at least one 100 mile route every two weeks this summer.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Hey, good job, man. There seems to be something magically high about 100 miles, but I figure most people in decent riding shape could do it over a reasonable course without too much trouble.

I did my only century a couple years ago- Middlebury, VT to Williamstown, MA. About 110 miles mostly in NY. Would have been much better if it had gotten above freezing for more than an hour or two.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Congratulations! The first century always feels the best. The feeling of accomplishment, and actually finding out that you're capable, is most definitely something to treasure.

w3rd.

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Congratulations! The first century always feels the best. The feeling of accomplishment, and actually finding out that you're capable, is most definitely something to treasure.

w3rd.