Quantcast

My first crash on the Marin Rocksprings

XRT_SquallJt

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
I finally had my first crash on the Marin Rocksprings, and it was stupid too; I was going to ride across a drainage ditch "go down one side and up the other", and i decided to ride across it at an angle because it was at a near 65 degree decline to the parallel slope....on my way down my sight was captured by a dead dog that was rotting there and had bricks sticking out of it "someone call the P.E.T.A" and i hit a rock or piece of glass, i was about 1/4th of the way down and the front tire hits the debris and turns to a 90 degree angle left "uphill" and i go forward off the seat and the the handle bars went straight for the crotch "a near miss if there are younger/uneducated people reading this" and hit the bone like a 30 lb sledgehammer and nearly shattered my inner hip... now im sitting at home, taking vicoden as much as possible....now i look at my Marin and the front rim is bent, the rear derailluer is in bad shape and the left pedal keeps loosening up for some reason even though i landed on my right side, well, thanks for reading this guys, peace much!!!

XRT_SquallJt........aka.........Rocky

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
It's the crashes like the one you just had that will make you a better rider. Heal up quick, while you're down you've got some time to search for new uprgades to replace the bits you smashed.

XRT_SquallJt

Chimp
Apr 1, 2005
im back to 95% but i still need to get my rim and front derailluer fixed, so as soon as i get alll my stuff ready for school "school starts on the 10th for me" i will head for the bike shop, get my part(s) and ride my heart out...-Rocky

Mountain biking is my way of life, and I aim to keep it.