Quantcast

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
I am vegitarian because of the issues you have just mentioned. Sport hunting is barbaric and just disturbing. I don't understand how a good person can go put a bullit in another creature for the fun of it. That makes them, not a good person. If you need to kill to feed your family because you are poor, totaly different story.

This sh1t does not belong on a Mt. bike forum. Get off your sisters and go ride a bike.
That's fine... but if eating meat was such a crime, your body wouldn't be made to digest it. Animals have been eating each other for a long time, what makes you think we should stop now?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
youre right it didnt....i dont see how shooting something that is 10ft in front of you, requires any skill what so ever....maybe the skill of vision, but thats about it
you have such a skewed view of hunting then, opportunities like JacobDW's aren't a regular occurrence.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Couple guys at the same range that have a couple looking like that. Talked to them a few times, Boars are what theya re going for. there preferances are for a .357 or a .44 with a 13 in barrel, ranges are usually aroind 150 to 200 yards from a laying on your back position. These guys are good, litle strap on there ankle the gun rests on while aiming, head tilted up just enough to be able to sight your target. last time I was there Dude was sighting in for 200 yards.
well that is impressive to target shoot that far out with a handgun and a hubble telescope mounted on it

?????

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
San Francisco
youre right it didnt....i dont see how shooting something that is 30ft in front of you, requires any skill what so ever....maybe the skill of vision, but thats about it
something makes me think you wouldn't have hit it... or probably never even seen it. There's a lot more to it than shooting a target that's 30 feet in front of you. Just getting the deer 30 feet in front of you isn't that easy, and then not having it run as soon as you click the safety off or aim the gun is another part.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
This is all leading me to believe that you aren't very well to do, nor do you associate yourself with those that are. Hunting is somewhat of a wealthy man's sport. I'd hardly consider all of them rednecks.

What about ending a sentence with a preposition?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
I am vegitarian because of the issues you have just mentioned. Sport hunting is barbaric and just disturbing. I don't understand how a good person can go put a bullit in another creature for the fun of it. That makes them, not a good person. If you need to kill to feed your family because you are poor, totaly different story.

This sh1t does not belong on a Mt. bike forum. Get off your sisters and go ride a bike.
You can be a "Vegetarian" thats fine, Sport hunting is barbaric only if your killing for trophy only. If your having your kill Processed for eating and sharing with people, keeping the hide to make a blanket or a pair of boots its different.

I came to terms with being a species that needs protein to survive a long time ago. I sport fish, barbless hooks so I can throw back what I will not eat. I dont hunt deer mainly because, well its expensive. I have enough friends that go deer/antelope hunting to get enough meat that I dont need to go out and shoot my own. I do sometimes however go quail hunting, I like the taste, its nowhere as easy as you would think.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sure i can see how that is a rare occurrence he got...but does it take skill to blast something at 10yrds?
negative
it takes skill to not have the deer notice you at that distance. they are far more sensitive to changes in their environment than we are.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
something makes me think you wouldn't have hit it... or probably never even seen it. There's a lot more to it than shooting a target that's 30 feet in front of you. Just getting the deer 30 feet in front of you isn't that easy, and then not having it run as soon as you click the safety off or aim the gun is another part.
guy, ive been target shooting for years.... but im sure you knew that before your awesome comment.

Have you ever shot a gun?

I'll accept paintball guns too.
do Ak47's, a 12gauge, .22, m4 and .308 count?

who knows.
corrected.
look at your profile's visitor messages.
oh...its a joke...you know ha ha.
my buddy didnt know this account was me.
and my name is steve

Last edited:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Ok I love vegetarians I eat them ,my life style does not project the kind of person I`am ,I hunt for food ,I despise eating store bought meat ,oh yeah I took a pron horn fawn last year at 470 yards that takes skill ,I did not waste one bit of tasty meat one shot one kill = one dam good fed family ,take a look into you mouth you got canine teeth for a reason and they aren`t for TOFU :nopity::nopity::nopity:,I can`t wait to go see Bambi at my table

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Ok I love vegetarians I eat them ,my life style does not project the kind of person I`am ,I hunt for food ,I despise eating store bought meat ,oh yeah I took a pron horn fawn last year at 470 yards that takes skill ,I did not waste one bit of tasty meat one shot one kill = one dam good fed family ,take a look into you mouth you got canine teeth for a reason and they aren`t for TOFU :nopity::nopity::nopity:,I can`t wait to go see Bambi at my table
seriously, i can't be that high right now. i hope i'm not the only one who got confused by this post.

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
sure i can see how that is a rare occurrence he got...but does it take skill to blast something at 10yrds?
negative
The ones who don't get it never will. the same applies to people who have NEVER HUNTED.

There is a certain feeling you get after sitting in a cold tree stand for what feels like eternity and then ANY animal comes out into view. It is gutwrenching and nervewracking and makes things way more difficult than anyone who has never hunted will never know. just stop while you're ahead.

how would you argue spending the amounts of money we spent on buying and racing bikes to anyone who was totally against bicycling of any kind and only drove huge SUVs?

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
I took a pron horn fawn last year at 470 yards that takes skill ,I did not waste one bit of tasty meat one shot one kill = one dam good fed family ,take a look into you mouth you got canine teeth for a reason and they aren`t for TOFU I can`t wait to go see Bambi at my table
:clapping: :cheers:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
The ones who don't get it never will. the same applies to people who have NEVER HUNTED.

how would you argue spending the amounts of money we spent on buying and racing bikes to anyone who was totally against bicycling of any kind and only drove huge SUVs?
youre right i never hunted...nor do i want to. i like shooting inanimate objects that dont look back at my through the sites....(road rage doesnt count)

and did you really compare killing animals to people who dont ride bicycles and only drive suv's.
bravo my good man....bravo

DirtMcGirk

<b>WAY</b> Dumber than N8 (to the power of ten alm
Feb 21, 2008
Oz
Deer tastes good.

I am all for knowing how to hunt, stalk, kill and clean an animal. Humanity is three days without electricity from complete and total anarchy. I like the fact that I know I can survive without having to go to the store for my food needs.

Mind you I like bow hunting more, but from place to place it may not be the most efficient or humane way to harvest your food.

Nice take by the way, he is a big bastard.

Last edited:

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Deer tastes good.

I am all for knowing how to hunt, stalk, kill and clean an animal. Humanity is three days without electricity from complete and total anarchy. I like the fact that I know I can survive without having to go to the store for my food needs.

Mind you I like bow hunting more, but from place to place it may not be the most efficient or humane way to harvest your food.

Nice take by the way, he is a big bastard.[/QUOT

90% of my harvesting is with my Bow ,it is not easy ,Bambi is a tasty Biyatch

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
guy, ive been target shooting for years.... but im sure you knew that before your awesome comment.

do Ak47's, a 12gauge, .22, m4 and .308 count?

Not to pick you apart, target shooting, and hunting are two different worlds. Nice selection of weapons to have fired, gives you a wide variety of feel for different rounds being used.

A deer being 10 feet away is a rarety when hunting. First part of the skill needed is to find your prey, second is to make ths shot. Moving targets are alot harder to hit. Reacting to a sudden moving target, and making the shot, that takes skill, and cool nerves.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Not to pick you apart, target shooting, and hunting are two different worlds. Nice selection of weapons to have fired, gives you a wide variety of feel for different rounds being used.

A deer being 10 feet away is a rarety when hunting. First part of the skill needed is to find your prey, second is to make ths shot. Moving targets are alot harder to hit. Reacting to a sudden moving target, and making the shot, that takes skill, and cool nerves.
Swordfighters ,we are top of the food chain ,so live or starve

AlmostHeaven

Turbo Monkey
Jun 8, 2005
VIRGINIA
and did you really compare killing animals to people who dont ride bicycles and only drive suv's.
bravo my good man....bravo
yes :biggrin:

haha nah, actually I was saying that trying to explain to YOU the justification of hunting is like explaining to anti-cyclists the justification of paying thousands of dollars and spending ridiculous amounts of time dealing with them (as well as on internet bike forums :twitch:)

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
90% of my harvesting is with my Bow ,it is not easy ,Bambi is a tasty Biyatch
I've taken deer both ways, so I have respect for both. There's a time and place where taking a deer, elk, moose, a Sarah Palin, is just impractical with a bow. I've done some shots out in the 500 to 750yd range, which no matter how William Tell I might think I am, there's no way I am reaching a deer with a bow at those ranges.

Mind you I've also gone along on the crazy ass knife only boar hunts. I think that's some of the most insane stuff I've ever done. Having your friends behind you with 12ga's loaded full of buck and slug is only as good as how well your friends can not shoot you in the process.

I think its a skill set everyone should have to understand. Being able to truly feed yourself is a great life skill.

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now

and i agree with you on all points...i just dont see the "fun" in blasting something alive personally.
and his deer walked all up on his sh!t and he blasted it from 30ft away...mad skillz

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
It was yards and not feet, not that it matters.

Do any of you see the red underlines and understand what that means when posting?

:walks towards the pool with joint and cocktail in hand:

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
I've done some shots out in the 500 to 750yd range, which no matter how William Tell I might think I am, there's no way I am reaching a deer with a bow at those ranges.
i dont think anyone is killing anything at 500-750 yards. a 1/4mile+ is pretty damn far for a bow...no?

IH8Rice

Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
Psychopath:
n. A person with an antisocial personality disorder, manifested in aggressive, perverted, criminal, or amoral behavior without empathy or remorse.

I never said I didn't feel bad, it was hot at the time, and then I cleaned the doll heads off and cried myself to sleep.
as long as you felt bad about it the next day, then im cool with it

DirtMcGirk

Feb 21, 2008
Oz
i dont think anyone is killing anything at 500-750 yards. a 1/4mile+ is pretty damn far for a bow...no?
Anything past about 50yd or so with a bow I think is inhumane. I don't want the beast to lumber and be in pain due to the fact that my arrow lost enough punch to do the job quickly.

Anything further then that I prefer to use a gun. I don't want the animal to suffer any longer then absolutely needed.

as long as you felt bad about it the next day, then im cool with it
Well when I woke up I felt fine about things. But before I fell asleep I felt horrid.

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
Anything past about 50yd or so with a bow I think is inhumane. I don't want the beast to lumber and be in pain due to the fact that my arrow lost enough punch to do the job quickly.

Anything further then that I prefer to use a gun. I don't want the animal to suffer any longer then absolutely needed.

Well when I woke up I felt fine about things. But before I fell asleep I felt horrid.
You are right alot of people don`t realize is most hunters make ethical shots ,we do not want to injur an animal with out dong it ethicaly ,we are conservationist we do spend the most money for the care of the enviroment for animals