Quantcast

My First Dual Suspension, circa 1994/5

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Mine was 1994 I think.

<edit> Mine had better tires. Pogo stick of death, it was.

ahhh. yes. i remember those hoppers. When i was at Stratos we made some custom air shocks with lockouts for front and back on those cuz the lead engineer owned one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
ahhh. yes. i remember those hoppers. When i was at Stratos we made some custom air shocks with lockouts for front and back on those cuz the lead engineer owned one.
I miss my long line of Stratos forks :( I had an FR4 on my Azonic DS1 (perfect setup), an MX6 on my Stinky, and an LR1 on my Bullit.

I still say the LR1 was one of my all time favorite forks. Plush, not too heavy, near 180* steering, and a lockout. For the 7" travel Bullit, it was the perfect fork.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
1999 Super V Raven 4000

Really nice specs including CrossMax and Avid Arch Supreme but ****ty Fox Alps5R. Still much faster on the DH and not too heavy.

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
My first full suspension bike was 1998 Sunn Xchox

Ended up bending the swing link due too it's poor design and emailed the french company a couple times and low-and-behold they sent me new/redesigned links!!

Spahman

Monkey
Dec 13, 2006
Arlington

my 04 bullit and 04 boxxer team...
hope I don't make you guys feel too old ;] I got this to try something different than BMX.. been hooked ever sense

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
I forget exactly when...

that bike is fvcking rad! I would ride that thing if I owned it! I don't have a digital pic, but my first nice bike was a 1993 Super V 3000. The frame finally broke in 1999 (I was using it for slalom).

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
loved the candy red paint on the first Y bikes. If I remember c orrectly, they came with a grey Judy... very sexy at the time.

Nobody! long time no see! Hope all is well.

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
loved the candy red paint on the first Y bikes. If I remember c orrectly, they came with a grey Judy... very sexy at the time.

Nobody! long time no see! Hope all is well.
The production Y-bikes [y22 and y33] had judys... i think the y22 was grey and the y33 was yellow.

i cook and do real estate photos - but mostly just sponge off my investments [and no, not rolling in dough - but also not dying so it's a balancing act

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
that bike is fvcking rad! I would ride that thing if I owned it! I don't have a digital pic, but my first nice bike was a 1993 Super V 3000. The frame finally broke in 1999 (I was using it for slalom).
I had the Sooper V second generation... two or three of them. now, those were fun frames. I wish i still had one.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
Mine was 1994 I think.

<edit> Mine had better tires. Pogo stick of death, it was.
That's a '95. They used the last number of the year in the last number of the model. For a while anyway.

I had the CrMo 454 in '94. I loved that bike. I know a guy with a 455, but he won't sell it to me. What a dink.

G-Cracker

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Tucson, beatch!
Wish I could find a stock picture of it. I think I might have one of me riding it on a MS150 road ride (with slicks). I'm pretty sure it was a 1996 Raleigh M8000. If I could find a pic, I'd know for sure...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
That's a '95. They used the last number of the year in the last number of the model. For a while anyway.

I had the CrMo 454 in '94. I loved that bike. I know a guy with a 455, but he won't sell it to me. What a dink.
Yes, I bought it at the end of 1994, I think. The 854 had a tube rear swing arm before they went to the burly looking raw aluminum one.

<edit> Also the 854 had an uninterrupted seat tube and single stage elastomer before they went to the 2 piece that you could "adjust" by swapping durometers.

Last edited:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
This is the only photo I could find of a 95 Jamis Dakar Ultralight. Some joker has put a high rise stem and rearview mirrors on it. That bike was actually a really solid design, even by today's standards. Mine was spec'd out with Shimano XT and all KORE hardware. Even had some red-ano bar ends.

Last edited:

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
Gary Fisher Joshua F2. This was a replacement frame I got in 2000(?) The original was maroon with a polished rear triangle I got in 1997.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Mine:

I loved this bike. It just kept getting heavier and heavier...this pic is just before I added Profile Cranks, a Mr Dirt Chainguide with 38T ring, an Arrow front rim...good times.

Ah the days of 60lb hucking rigs...

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
I forget exactly when...

This rules for so many reasons! So many...

1. Its got that crazy fork
2. Its an early dually
3. Its a big dollar early dually
4. Cannondale licensed?
5. Was most likely made in the states
6. Suuuuper long stem!
7. Quill stem! Quill stem conversion even!
8. Gotta be more but I can't see the pic while writing this