After a year of building capital, researching the real estate market, and securing my 'team' (realtor,attorney, tax accountant), I finally pulled the trigger, and purchased my first flip property. The house cost $34,900 and I plan to put $6,500 into it (inc. materials and labor). I have already 'contracted' work for about 70% of the tasks. I and a buddy of mine with finish the remaining 30%. I hope to get the all work done in 3 weeks, and sell it for about $67,000. Should be fun.