Quantcast

my first half century

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
i know it's not a big distance, but it felt pretty good to finally knock down a 50 miler. i was on vacation @ winnipesaukee in NH, and as we were staying on the north side, near center harbor, i decided to see what sort of ride i could do.

last year, i had hopes of doing the whole lake but it was way hillier than i was expecting. the northern part wasn't as bad, but there were still some ups. i headed out on Bean Road into Sandwich, up and back down 113 a bit, then back on the road into moultonborough (rt 25?), through the town where they were prepping for the 4th of July parade, and down the entire length of Moultonborough Neck, across the bridge and to the very southern tip of the island. back-tracked to rt 25 again, headed into our street (Redding), then did a side detour to get the requisite 50 mile total.

i wasn't going all that hard, and ended up finishing in ~3.5 hrs (legs were kinda spent on the last hill getting home).

perfect weather, sunny, not too hot, not too much wind. saw a kestrel (bird, not bike).