Quantcast

My first nice car.

After months of research and test drives. I narrowed down my choice of a luxury zippy commuter car to the 335i drive and the Audi S4.

Ultimately went with the Audi partly due to better stock performance. It would appear that Audi have improved reliability in the last 4-5 years. Their 2013 A6 was rated a recommended buy as per Consumer Reports. Also, I preferred the interior of the Audi compared to the BMW. The dual clutch S-tronic and sport diff were other determining factors with my choice. My wife reluctantly allow me to acquire a 3rd vehicle, but conditions were: no coupes, no white exterior, no light colored interior, must fit child seats, and be under 40k.

I know there are a lot of Audi haters on the RM, but still present to you my 2010 Audi S4, with AWE exhaust, B&O sound, Sport Diff w Driver Select.

Last edited:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Though I'm one of the ones who doesn't fancy Audi's, nice car man. Enjoy it!

Any video of it showing what it sounds like?

Last edited:

Icantdrive65

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
Chinquapin fire road
Oh to have an S4 as a "third car"

My third car is a 2001 Passat with 180k on it. Actually it shares second car status with my supercharged 1994 Suburban, depending on the task at hand.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I does want. I would totally drop the Forester for an S4 avant in that color. I just justify getting an Audi to Wifey.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
They're f-ing tanks, i know. But i kinda wanted an excuse to get a "go fast" car to justify to wifie.
if toyotus hadn't deep sixed that taco, i would've bought something small as a daily driver and seen how far over 300k i could've gotten it. instead i now just have my impreza

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
It would appear that Audi have improved reliability in the last 4-5 years.
they say that every year....and its never the case. the wife's '09.5 has already started with electrical issues with the lights and the gas gauge. go figure :rolleyes:
after she told me about the problem, i laughed

edit: s4's are fun though. i wish they still made the S4 Avant for the US

Last edited:

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Nice. Im considering one sometime in maybe the next year. It will be competing with the appropriate BMW model, but I like the newest Audi 4s and 5s. I think they've finally managed to get the engine moved back a bit, compared to when it hang way ahead of the front axles, but all in all they are getting pretty sexy and wide.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Car #1: 16 years old
Car #2: 12 years old

We have kids... so that's one of the main reasons I can't have nice things. :D
because you know car payments are for suckers.

i regret getting rid of that 87 jetta coupe i had with about 65,000 miles on it.

but having a car that isn't more than 15 years old isn't that bad.