Quantcast

My First ride at PeeWees - Dial up Beware

MTB_Rob_NC

What do I have to do to get you in this car TODAY?
Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
Good clean fun

This place reminds a lot of the TOE in central Florida, except there is actual elevation. THe trail ride was a blast, I like how there is a booter or something everytime you get a little speed.

Then we got to the stunts

I am really not that comfortable riding elevated stuff but... I guess I had to

Just some pics

I figured I had to hit the main line

the top

then it exits

The launch

the Gap

I was a little wigged out the first time

Mike

JonC

the Other Mike

Then video of us running the train on it.
http://www.clubmud.com/library/DSCN2137.MOV

view from the top of one of the roll-ins

The wall ride

Now to the badass stuff.

THe new stuff that follows the wall ride at the beggining

So you drop into this

this is the exit

and head towards this

This thing was SO steep.

The gap wasnt that big, but the transition at the bottom is barely, if a full bike length. It will be interesting to see people hit it next weekend.

Jun 11, 2004
Wow.........nice riding Rob!!

Are you riding this Saturday? Gotta pick up my mom at the Charlotte airport at 1:15pm...........wanna squeeze a ride in before?

Let me know..................

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
demolition dave said:
Wow.........nice riding Rob!!

Are you riding this Saturday? Gotta pick up my mom at the Charlotte airport at 1:15pm...........wanna squeeze a ride in before?

Let me know..................
How early do you want to make it up here? Where do you want to ride? There is a trail system right by the airport, that I am not that familiar with. I also hear its not very technical. We could certainly hit up Poplar Tent again, to be at the airport you'd probably want to be done riding by 12:30 or so.

I was going to call you (didnt want to interupt Tammy's day) to tell you that you should hit up PeeWees! You would definitly rock that place.

I think the PeeWees festival is this Saturday, we could meet there? It is only 35 minutes or so from the CLT airport and its on your way!

Give me a call later this week to discuss?

FCLinder

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2002
Greenville, South Carolina
Are you talking about the trails near Kutoba River? I don't think I spelled that right, but you know where I mean. That place can be fun, plus they have a Dual Couse with some fun jumps.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
FCLinder said:
Are you talking about the trails near Kutoba River? I don't think I spelled that right, but you know where I mean. That place can be fun, plus they have a Dual Couse with some fun jumps.

No, that is Catawba. (still closed due to the White Water Center construction). I was referring to Rennesaince Park.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
i really need to make it down there. at least it's not stupid scary like the TOE is. that place used to have an intermediate section but the new intermediate section is stupid crazy pro stuff. they just keep building taller and skinnier with no room for new people to learn. i hit the big trail gap last time i was there (toe) and it's gotten so much bigger since then.....i doubt i can keep up.

at least peewees allows for you to go big but also lets the "just try it out" crowd attempt it without risk of serious bodily harm.

MTB_Rob_NC

Nov 15, 2002
Charlotte, NC
FCLinder said:
Never been there. What is it like?

Dunno. I have only been there once to watch a race when I first got here. I rode about 1/8th mile of the trail, from what everyone says it is pretty non eventful, but a good ride if you live in the area.

C-los

Chimp
Sep 26, 2005
Hick park is out this Sat (For political reasons) no ride there. Peewees will be going on both Sat and Sunday With The Comps on Sunday but also Saturday will be big because of other events and its going to be a nice day weather wise for those who want to prepare for the Sunday comp or just ride what's out there. Also Camping Sat Night will be allowed. As always they will be giving away lots of cool stuff. Last year about 200+ people showed up for it and this year is probably going to be bigger. No matter what this will be the place to be to ride this weekend in the area for sure.

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
damn to go to peewees and shoot or go to the skatepark comp in brevard and shoot on sunday?gotta shoot the jump jam tomorrow.....

by the way rob you look pretty comfortable to me on those stunts.