Quantcast

My first sponsored race =

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
good f'n job. now that you have set the bar that high for your sponsor you will be expected ti get first every time.

Konabumm

Konaboner
Jun 13, 2003
Hollywood, Maryland, United States
It was pretty easy to tell you the truth BUT... 3 laps in I had someone rub wheels with another rider and go down 2ft infront of me. I can't tell you the thought I had in the slit sec..... At about 28mph I rode over this guys front wheel / fork and landed on the other side without missing a stroke. It was AWESOME. everyone behind me was going nuts.... I told them it was the MTB skills...... !

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
MancilG said:
It was pretty easy to tell you the truth BUT... 3 laps in I had someone rub wheels with another rider and go down 2ft infront of me. I can't tell you the thought I had in the slit sec..... At about 28mph I rode over this guys front wheel / fork and landed on the other side without missing a stroke. It was AWESOME. everyone behind me was going nuts.... I told them it was the MTB skills...... !
Thats's your MTN Bike skillz in full effect!

Congrats man!!

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Ooof! Did you look at your HRM at that point? I did once when I actually ran someone over!

If you want to have less crashes around you, you could always petition to move up a class. Sometimes it works. Of course, maybe the 4's and 5's race together there...in which case you'd be screwed anyway.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
MancilG said:
This was a Cat5, I'm going to try and move up after my next race. I didn't look at my HRM until after the race.

Top Speed was 44mph
Max HR = 203

I'm sure that both where during the sprint.
Sweet, well good luck and good job.