Quantcast

my first ss park bike

joshie

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006

what do u guys think?
a pdc racing kingpin. i havent heard much about them on the forums. any of you guys on pdcs? hehe.

MC peepants

Monkey
Sep 20, 2006
nice, i like the fact it had an adjustable chain line, that should have been one of the things i should have looked for when i boght my first DJ bike.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
Sweet bike man! I'm new to the Street and park bikes myself. Just gettin tired of pushing my Stinky around on urbans all the time! I just got my 07 STP AND LOVE THE THING! Just orderd my set up to go SS also. Hope you like yours!

joshie

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
hehe. what tires do you reckon will be good? i am new to this whole park and urban thing.

ss is simple and sweet. makes everything so easy. no need to worry about messing with gear cables and such. hehe

thanks for the comments guys. keep em coming =)

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Just something that's less agressive, not knobby. I run a Kenda K-Rad, there's a couple threads you can dig up discussing what tire is good for park/dj.

joshie

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
alright. thanks for the tip man.will do some searching.

those tires are just on there cause i was on a fully before this. fully was set up for dh, hence those big ass tires.

was just wondering, wont lower knobs, be less grippy in the sand?

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
yes they would, but I didn't know you'd be riding in the sand. You said park bike, so that's what I was shooting for, concrete/wood/smooth.

opjones

Monkey
Aug 17, 2006
Detroit
Hey that's a prety cool area. Can't firgure out the sand though, kinda strange. But hell, you got a sweet spot to ride. Keep those tires on for that conidtion. But if you start riding street you'll understand why I was suggesting a smoother tire.

joshie

Chimp
Nov 3, 2006
thanks man. yea. it is a cool place. kinda small. but there is another bigger one in the making. one of my friend is sort of a consultant for the builders. that is why we get to test it out. haha. i think when they are finally open they may charge a small entry fee. but for now its free.

thanks for the info WCH. will google those in a while.

one question. what sort of gear ratios do people normally run for park and urban riding? i am on a 2:1 because people say start from there and find what u like most through experimentation. what are you guys on? mine is 32-16.