Quantcast

My first time in the hot seat.

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
So after a handfull of races and never being close to getting a shot in the hot seat i got my (small) moment of glory at the weekend.

After an ok seeding run which put me mid table i was feeling confident i could improve a little for my race run. Race run came and i felt like i was doing ok even nailing a drop to off camber corner i had chicken ran all practice. So i crossed the line to hear i was in the lead knocking ten seconds of seeding. I only lasted five riders before i was kicked off but what the hell i was happy.

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
So after a handfull of races and never being close to getting a shot in the hot seat i got my (small) moment of glory at the weekend.

After an ok seeding run which put me mid table i was feeling confident i could improve a little for my race run. Race run came and i felt like i was doing ok even nailing a drop to off camber corner i had chicken ran all practice. So i crossed the line to hear i was in the lead knocking ten seconds of seeding. I only lasted five riders before i was kicked off but what the hell i was happy.
Congrats mand its just as nerve racking there as sitting in line waiting your turn.... Listening to yourself breathing in your helmet and anticipating the go....

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
Congrats mand its just as nerve racking there as sitting in line waiting your turn.... Listening to yourself breathing in your helmet and anticipating the go....
I hate that! Once you leave the start gate though...you forget about being any bit nervous at all and just ride!

Congrats though!! I was in it a few times back when I used to race Cat. 1 and it was a great feeling! If I could get in the hot seat nowadays...I'd be more then stoked!!

bansheefr

Monkey
Dec 27, 2004
Was in the hot seat for the first time this past weekend at the US Open. Had a real mellow qualifier, which gave me an earlier start time for the finals. Ended up cutting 12 seconds in my final run and held the hot seat for a handful of riders.

It has been a while since I have been on the podium, so I was pretty stoked on it. At least I got a free bottle of water out of the deal.

5150dhbiker

Turbo Monkey
Nov 5, 2007
Santa Barbara, CA
I talk to myself sometimes in my race run. "too slow" "pedal pedal pedal" "good speed" anyone else do this?
Haha, I do that all the time. Usually when I'm in the air it's "braap" or "what the f**k" "f'n hell" "im dumb" "i f'd up" usually I start talking when I mess up and start to get angry with myself!

Ryzo

Chimp
Oct 6, 2009
I that little taster has made me hungry for more. I reckon i will try to take things a little more seriously now, at the minuite every runs diferant with no memorising lines or sections i just usualy batter down any old way and see where i end up.

I do the old talking to myself thing too, all the way down my race run i was talking myself over the drop i had chickened all weekend and it worked out great.